Why become a member? ×

Antigroove

EBS_freak

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-0vvoBoF5A&feature=related[/media]

Oh my God. How can you kill this song's groove to this extent? Bass player needs shooting. And the singer needs to stick to the melody. Just as well it fades right?

Edited by EBS_freak

What do you expect? This is a typical scenario played out every other night all over the country.
Office workers who like to think they're a bit 'special', because they're in a 'band'.

Should we judge them for it, lest we be judged..? YEAH!! :lol:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1339114265' post='1684062']
What do you expect? This is a typical scenario played out every other night all over the country.
Office workers who like to think they're a bit 'special', because they're in a 'band'.
[/quote]

Ouch!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1339114265' post='1684062']

Should we judge them for it, lest we be judged..? YEAH!! :lol:
[/quote]

MeeOwww
The Dark Side I sense in you, my young apprentice
:-)

Typical case of 'run before you can walk' musicality... Singer trying to be fancy without having the technique to back it up (therefore fails with her timing and intonation) and same can be said of most of the players.

Bassist has obviously only just (half) learnt a single basic slap technique and has tried to implement it in a song that doesn't need it, to the detriment of the ensemble, the original groove, his own timing and any form of taste.

I bet he also calls himself a 'semi-professional' or 'professional' musician because he gets paid. Muppet.

[quote name='bremen' timestamp='1339142623' post='1684165']
I don't care. Every post from EBS is a moment of joy in an otherwise putrid modern hell, just so long as he doesn't change his avatar.
[/quote]

I'm not looking so good at the moment... my butt has gone a bit saggy and I'm carrying a little excess weight. Rather than update my avatar, I'll be heading for the gym. The bikini still fits though.

[quote name='kennyrodg' timestamp='1339149611' post='1684314']
Equally as marvelous
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-ZO02CFung&feature=relmfu[/media]
[/quote]

I find this even more offensive. I don't like "Somebody Else's Guy" anyway, so that original video was like watching someone splat a custard pie in Rupert Murdoch's face.
Watching this version of "What's Going On?" is like watching someone punch my mum in the face.