Why become a member? ×

Songs we can't play any more

spinynorman

[quote name='BRANCINI' timestamp='1332599256' post='1590521']
Aww C'mon they were, or seem to be meant innocently. Theres not a paedo on every corner you know.
[/quote]

I wasn't being entirely serious.
If Gilbert O Sullivan wants to sing a nice happy pop song about wanting to marry his underage niece then who am I to point the finger?
:mellow:

[quote name='Adrenochrome' timestamp='1332601482' post='1590549']
We always apologise for Youth Gone Wild.
[/quote]

Played that in a band I depped for last year. I simply couldn`t sing the real lyrics, so sang I was The Youth Gone Wild instead.

Don't play most of the songs mentioned anyway...but then again, I never ever know the lyrics to a song, just as I wouldn't
ever listen to the lyrics on the radio.
Lyrics are the last thing I'd connect with... so I couldn't rule out songs on that basis :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1332596805' post='1590468']
After 40, any rock/pop music :yarr:

Seriously, though, I think there is always the potential for old rockers to look a bit 'sad' if they overdo the teenage angst angle of rock and roll. I guess its about learning to grow old gracefully.
[/quote]

lets all just play jazz then and feel as though we are dying a slow and painful one hahahahahaha :yarr:

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1332609714' post='1590711']
Don't play most of the songs mentioned anyway...but then again, I never ever know the lyrics to a song, just as I wouldn't
ever listen to the lyrics on the radio.
Lyrics are the last thing I'd connect with... so I couldn't rule out songs on that basis :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

Yeah, I can relate to that - used to know the first line to loads of songs as our guitarist/singer had a habit of forgetting them/mental block - so I used to walk over (during the extended intro) and shout in his ear!

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1332596805' post='1590468']
After 40, any rock/pop music :yarr:

Seriously, though, I think there is always the potential for old rockers to look a bit 'sad' if they overdo the teenage angst angle of rock and roll. I guess its about learning to grow old gracefully.
[/quote]

I was thinking about it today....and I'm almost certain my middle aged angst completly trumps teenage angst. I wanted to go out and write an EMO album entitle...Teenagers, you don't have a clue what life has in store for you.

[quote name='Phantomnin' timestamp='1332617409' post='1590837']
I was thinking about it today....and I'm almost certain my middle aged angst completly trumps teenage angst. I wanted to go out and write an EMO album entitle...Teenagers, you don't have a clue what life has in store for you.
[/quote]

Yep, would be great to be 18 again with all them worries wouldnt it ?

[quote name='Jack Cahalane' timestamp='1332595893' post='1590442']
Anything by Gary Glitter, and [i][b]Spasticus Autisticus by Ian Dury and the Blockheads.[/b][/i] I was listening to that one last night and wondering the same thing.
[/quote]
Not many people qualified to sing that, but if you are - who's to complain ??

[quote name='BRANCINI' timestamp='1332621547' post='1590912']
Not many people qualified to sing that, but if you are - who's to complain ??
[/quote]

Daily Mail readers - especially if you're of Eastern European stock as well. ;)

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1332659750' post='1591169']
Daily Mail readers - especially if you're of Eastern European stock as well. ;)
[/quote]

Looked at that way, there are tose on here who would complain about Knees Up Mother Brown. And as for I've got a looverly bunch of Coco nuts....Well.