Why become a member? ×

Never thought this would happen.......

Veils

Fortunately I have joined a band which has a bit of a rep before things have even kicked off, probably due to the bands of the previous members. I decided yesterday that I may as well chance my arm at chasing up some endorsements, after all I have been endorsed through a band with much less clobber. So I decided to email Warwick.........low and behold I have been accepted!!!!

I have to travel to Germany to go and meet the guys at their HQ, play on some gear and then have me a nice shiny new bass and maybe an amp too!!! I really cannot believe my luck!!!

I've used Warwick basses in the past - as you can see from the av and I offloaded that to fund my Sandberg endorsement. Sandberg produce wonderful instruments, but already in the contact I have had with Warwick they have been far more approachable.

To answer the question about the bass, I have pretty much free reign over what bass I have. Obviously I am not at the stage where I get it for completely free so it is up to me really what I want. But I already know I am going for a 5 string Streamer Stage I, and I would get it in Nirvana Black, but Darryl from Profane has exactly the same bass, and he filled in for me while I had a brief break from the band recently and he would probably think I am going to start stalking him :) so I am thinking maybe green......guess I will just have to see in the flesh what they look like!

That's cool. Are you back with Veils?

Warwick are always on the lookout for "metal" players to give endorsements, although IIRC they don't do 100% endorsements unless you're James Lomenzo. Something like 20% off dealer price, right? :)

Joe.

Edited by Toasted

[quote name='presoulnation' post='173851' date='Apr 10 2008, 12:42 PM']I've used Warwick basses in the past - as you can see from the av and I offloaded that to fund my Sandberg endorsement. Sandberg produce wonderful instruments, but already in the contact I have had with Warwick they have been far more approachable.[/quote]
Congrats.

Without wishing to be a wet blanket I seem to recall your(?) thread re the problems you had with Sandberg. Have you checked to make sure there is noting else in the deal that might scupper the Warwick deal (tie ins & the like). Good luck anyway

Edited by WalMan

If you like a certain bass config you should go for it! It's not like there can only be one of any type of bass out there.

You could always ask/pay them to do some kind of custom work on it to set it apart from any others and identify it as yours; a fretboard inlay is perhaps a tad too cliche and common, but there may be something else you'd quite like?

By the way are you going to go for Streamer $$ or the 'normal' Streamer?

Mark

Yeah Joe, I am back in with the Veils boys. Things cooled off for a little while as I was having one or two personal problems which I had to deal with so Darryl Clarkson stepped into the breach and they contacted me recently to ask me if I was fit to come back. And no, it isn't 20% off dealer price :huh:

As for the Sandberg thing, that deal was off a long time ago and I have all correspondence with them kept safe anyway :)

I am soooooo excited about this!!

I don't think I am likely to do that :)

As for the bass, I won't go for another $$, I will 99.9% certain go for a Stage I. The only other likelihood is a Streamer LX. I will be getting a coloured oil of some kind, just undecided as to exactly what colour!

[quote name='woodenshirt' post='174001' date='Apr 10 2008, 04:29 PM']Great news mate..... if you don't ask etc.

Mart. (from over the border, 12 miles down the A53)[/quote]

I used to live on the A53. When do I get my endorsement?!?!?

psn - Well done you wrotter!