Why become a member? ×

Some basses are only really ever out on loan!

warwickhunt

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1331152695' post='1568647']
BTW, that Sadowsky looks familiar John :D
[/quote]
Yes indeed! :D

I suppose there's only one other bass that I want back and unfortunately the only way that I can get it back is to find a JayDee bass that the present owner would swap me to get it back! :unsure:

Guilty. Several times. Think I owned my beat-up CIJ 70s Precision 'Sid' at least twice and have owned my current Alleva-Coppolo 5'er twice now. I also owned a 2009 US Jazz twice (Beedster owned that one at one point as well!) I've also just bought Beedster's (recurring theme here) Takamine B10, having foolishly sold my old Takamine B10 to dave/essential tension. Need I go on? :D

Edited by Clarky

No-one on BC as I have only been a member for 3 or 4 months, but a friend of mine is giving me an opportunity to buy back my old Jaydee Supernatural that I sold him 12yrs ago! I did regret selling it to him. Great little funk machine! However, I bought it from a second hand shop for £350 and now he wants £900 for it!

Interesting idea! Maybe we should start up a "swap-shop" thread, so that if you are just a bit bored with a bass and want to try something else, you don't actually have to sell it - just swap with someone else for a while!!

I like that idea.

Anyone like to swap a nice fretless for my Status? Just for a while of course... :D

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1331201474' post='1569181']
Interesting idea! Maybe we should start up a "swap-shop" thread, so that if you are just a bit bored with a bass and want to try something else, you don't actually have to sell it - just swap with someone else for a while!!

I like that idea.

Anyone like to swap a nice fretless for my Status? Just for a while of course... :D
[/quote]
I think it's not a bad idea... not not as a thing, imagine how hard it would be to police if things went wrong... maybe just a lot of people you trust swapping. Bass swingers if you will.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1331154170' post='1568675']
:lol: I could have put money on the main contributors to this thread... I've only got Barrie to chip in and I'll have the 'full house' that I predicted! :D
[/quote]

I'm getting in touch with my solicitor :D

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1331203542' post='1569238']
I think it's not a bad idea... not not as a thing, imagine how hard it would be to police if things went wrong... maybe just a lot of people you trust swapping. Bass swingers if you will.
[/quote]

1000 post limit before you can enter the Basschat Swap Shop?

Truckstop

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1331152695' post='1568647']
Yep, sold my my 4003 FL to Greg and then bought it back, best decision I ever made (bass-wise anyway).

[/quote]

what can I say.....I bought her the best chrome bling money can buy, lavished plush-lined cases on her, waxed her with my own hands.....and still she went back to you

oh well

On topic; I'm so bad at selling basses that when I do I'm pretty sure about it. Do quite regret the '71 P/J fretless Precision that then went through the hands of Beedster and Clarky....have her back in a shot

I sold her on a whim as another bass became available that I desired (not 'needed') more. :blush:

What can I say; there are those bassists that are wedded to their bass(es) and those who can quite happily buy/sell/trade/swap and not have many qualms. I'm a mixture of the two as I have a couple of basses that I have owned for 20 years, though other basses that I'll readily sell or trade to try something 'different' (not necessarily better). I'm not going to draw too heavily on the marriage/mistress analogy as I am genuinely happily married and no other woman on earth would let me mess about with basses the way my wife does... well, except for Beedster's... Clarky's... Molan's...... :lol:

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1331205203' post='1569276']

On topic; I'm so bad at selling basses that when I do I'm pretty sure about it. Do quite regret the '71 P/J fretless Precision that then went through the hands of Beedster and Clarky....have her back in a shot
[/quote]

wasn't that up for sale a few weeks ago? I saw it somewhere, maybe not basschat

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1331205759' post='1569286'] I sold her on a whim as another bass became available that I desired (not 'needed') more. :blush: What can I say; there are those bassists that are wedded to their bass(es) and those who can quite happily buy/sell/trade/swap and not have many qualms. I'm a mixture of the two as I have a couple of basses that I have owned for 20 years, though other basses that I'll readily sell or trade to try something 'different' (not necessarily better). I'm not going to draw too heavily on the marriage/mistress analogy as I am genuinely happily married and no other woman on earth would let me mess about with basses the way my wife does... well, except for Beedster's... Clarky's... Molan's...... :lol: [/quote]

My gf, who I love dearly, and I were sat around, and I told her my plan to stick with the two basses I have and stop flitting.
And she looked disappointed and told me I should keep on! :D
(what she doesn't know is stuff will probably get sold to pay for a ring for her*... thats my other reason!)

EDIT: * before anyone asks, the basses are going no where! Ill stick a price on the yamaha SG and try shift that, maybe some other odds and end. No i'm not loaning you warwick hunt! :P

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1331205832' post='1569290']
wasn't that up for sale a few weeks ago? I saw it somewhere, maybe not basschat
[/quote]
Nope, its owned by Mr_Bassman (Keith) who still seems to be enjoying it a great deal

Edited by Clarky

not yet

but....

if anyone knows the whereabouts of a headed black status matrix (p/j config) please let me know

i sold it via Loot back in about 96- was out the country working but was told by parents it was a spanish guy from north london came and bought it

any info please ...... :D

pic here [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/137948-desperately-seeking"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/137948-desperately-seeking[/url]