Why become a member? ×

FS: 8 String Fender P Bass, converted by Jon Shuker (SOLUTION)

Sean.Robinson

At least this Sean character clearly now has no base here to screw other people... I definitely agree that you've dealt with this like a champ. Hopefully this won't sour everyone to trading here though, it's definitely a good idea to have a quick chat over the phone with someone before doing a deal. Sucks there are shady characters on here... Had a guy repeatedly tell me I hadn't sent him some strings he'd bought off me, so I sent a fresh set to his address thinking the originals may have got lost etc, turns out he just wanted to screw me for an extra set. :( Apart from that, everyone else I've spoke to or dealt with on here have been spot on, sorry to hear about your situation, but kudos on dealing with it like a decent human being! Unlike certain people...

I've just read through this whole thread, and I'm shocked at what I've seen. 73Jazz you have the patience of a saint and are a better man than I. I'm sorry that a member of our community has shown you such disrespect and dishonesty. I hope this all gets sorted very soon.

The sentiment is there but violence never resolved anything.
Just makes you feel a lot better.
Don't think we as a group should be thinking down this road. Well not out loud anyway.
I'm confident BC will get something sorted out for 73jazz soon.

I hope so as he deserves a whole lot more than this from fellow BC'ers.

Maybe a whip round to refund him his cash and BC takes the seller to task.

Seriously is that an option ???

I'd be happy to chip in but don't know how to organise something like that.
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1327054964' post='1505632']
The sentiment is there but violence never resolved anything.
Just makes you feel a lot better.
Don't think we as a group should be thinking down this road. Well not out loud anyway.
[/quote]

Quite! This will get sorted without having to resort to violence, intimidation or threatening behaviour.

Whilst I am not in any way sticking up for Sean here (believe me, I'm not!), we as a group do not know if there is something going on for him in the background that might be prompting this behaviour. Don't get me wrong, he needs to post the bass yesterday and IS behaving badly, there is no excusing that at all, but there may be something that would at least [i]explain [/i]it. Obviously an explanation is no comfort: we want a bass sending, nothing less. There's a few of us in the local area to Sean who are going to find a way to do this and without resorting to anything on the other side of the law!

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1327057206' post='1505696']
Quite! This will get sorted without having to resort to violence, intimidation or threatening behaviour.

Whilst I am not in any way sticking up for Sean here (believe me, I'm not!), we as a group do not know if there is something going on for him in the background that might be prompting this behaviour. Don't get me wrong, he needs to post the bass yesterday and IS behaving badly, there is no excusing that at all, but there may be something that would at least [i]explain [/i]it. Obviously an explanation is no comfort: we want a bass sending, nothing less. There's a few of us in the local area to Sean who are going to find a way to do this and without resorting to anything on the other side of the law!
[/quote]

I'm sure there must be something going on with him, little would explain an otherwise trustworthy seller dropping off the radar like this. I'm just so impressed with 73Jazz's tolerance, especially after [i]phoning [/i]Sean and getting nothing in the way of explanation. There couldn't have been a better opportunity to set this straight.

Everyone on here, buying or selling, knows there's always a little risk in dealing with a stranger over the internet (especially with something so expensive). It's just a shame to see someone who seems to be more trusting than most get stung like this.

To all you gentlemen, all of your words are really appreciated!
As i understand the call for violence, this solution will let us lose honour, character and strength as a community.
But nevertheless, thank you very much, as i appreciate the intention.

As we have 2 top blokes out there, who want to pick up the bass from sean and send it to me, for now we have the problem,
that Sean does not answer for details of a handover.
Maybe we can get his adress without his response.

The idea of a refund is awesome and speaks for the honour and high degree of character in this community.
But i think it is me, who has to pay the expensive price for this experience, as well it is Sean,
who sold his honour for such a ridiculous price.

For me, personally, i am not able to understand what the problem is in this case.
The seller had all options and the road had enough crossroads to get back on the right trail again.
Really sad, that this is paid back with ignorance.

[quote name='wal4string' timestamp='1327062852' post='1505858']
A whip round is a really good idea.
If you except PayPal I will send you £20.00 now just to get the ball rolling.
[/quote]

I'm definately up for this but some sort of control needs to be set up or 73jazz could end up an extremely rich man not that i begrudge him considering what he's put up with and how he has retained his integrity throughout.

Can the moderators set something up or know how to advise on it.
Will match Wal4string offer.

Dave

Myself and Tom (TG) above have been in contact with both Sean and Maurice (73Jazz) and we're all hoping that a speedy and sensible resolution can be found to this problem. None of us know the personal circumstances that have led to this situation and to help resolve the problem both myself and Tom will act without prejudice and in a friendly manner.

The Mods will be informed of progress and any further action required will be agreed with them.

Mart

Edited by martthebass

My 2 cents, this guy just is bad news...... he has had more than ample opportunity to make things right is "the situation" made him less reliable than normal. As 73Jazz knows, I am quite adept at cyber sleuthing and I have been able to find decent amount of info on this guy, including some people on other forums who had concerns over where their stuff was. He may at one point have been a solid and trustworthy guy, but most criminals don't intend to become a criminal.... it happens over time. If you take money for a service or a product you don't provide it equates to stealing, a criminal offence that can lead to prison sentences of 6 months or more.

73Jazz (OR ONE OF THE HELPERS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF SEAN) go to the police. With the phone numbers you have and some more details I could provide, they could track his ass down I'm sure.

No violent acts, no bs, but also no "massaging" or extra "consideration" because somebody might have issues........ this Sean is 23 years old..... Old enough to commit a crime, thus certainly old enough to do time.

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1327065836' post='1505925']
My 2 cents, this guy just is bad news...... he has had more than ample opportunity to make things right is "the situation" made him less reliable than normal. As 73Jazz knows, I am quite adept at cyber sleuthing and I have been able to find decent amount of info on this guy, including some people on other forums who had concerns over where their stuff was. He may at one point have been a solid and trustworthy guy, but most criminals don't intend to become a criminal.... it happens over time. If you take money for a service or a product you don't provide it equates to stealing, a criminal offence that can lead to prison sentences of 6 months or more.

73Jazz (OR ONE OF THE HELPERS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF SEAN) go to the police. With the phone numbers you have and some more details I could provide, they could track his ass down I'm sure.

No violent acts, no bs, but also no "massaging" or extra "consideration" because somebody might have issues........ this Sean is 23 years old..... Old enough to commit a crime, thus certainly old enough to do time.
[/quote]

He's [i]my [/i]age? If my Mum's to be believed, that is officially Old Enough To Know Better.

[size=5][sup]Just read through all of this and it's shocking behaviour. Thankfully this Sean guy is in the minority as I've had nothing but great experiences when buying or selling on here, but that doesn't help you 73jazz. I'd definitely be up for contributing to a fund to make up your loss mate.[/sup]

[sup]Hope you get it sorted.[/sup]

[sup]Andy[/sup][/size]

Edited by Kinder

Good call from Matt and Tom and hopefully that will bring this to an end.
My worry is that 73jazz has been waiting since Dec10th or thereabouts. How patient does a guy have to be.

I'm still up for the whip round idea if all else fails as i personally don't want to see the guy lose out big time no matter what Sean's reasons are.
He's had plenty of time to respond and resolve the issue or at least explain himself to 73jazz.

Dave

Have to say that 73jazz's behaviour has been outstanding, but having a whip-round for one member who has a bad dealing is not a good idea.

It'll open up a can of worms. A BIG can of worms.

Leave it to be resolved by the mods and the two parties.

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1327082762' post='1506252']
Have to say that 73jazz's behaviour has been outstanding, but having a whip-round for one member who has a bad dealing is not a good idea.

It'll open up a can of worms. A BIG can of worms.

Leave it to be resolved by the mods and the two parties.
[/quote]

+1

Right at the start of this listing I had just spent some time with a guy who lives close to me Neil Simpson. His Basschat name is Baastard (I think)

We were talking about 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 string basses and because of the price of this item I was seriously thinking of bidding on this.

I do not know the reasons for this issue and why it has got to this situation BUT I do know this has been going on for a few weeks and what has really disgusted me is the fact that Sean has deliberately refused to comment on his actions on this forum.

Yes I know he has friends who are negotiating for him BUT the actions are his. His actions make us all look bad and he cannot be arsed to come on here and even explain why he has allowed this problem to occur.

I resent the fact that the integrity of this forum ( which includes mine) is compromised by the actions of individuals who do not have the the spine to explain their actions to other members.

I am so glad I did not buy this guitar off Sean

Skez

Yeah, with the general laid back nature of the forum a simple explanation and apology would have surely been enough for the majority of us, provided the sale be completed... But as it stands I seriously doubt our good buddy Sean will ever be welcomed back by the community. What a bloody shame