Why become a member? ×

Recommendations for replacement bass guitar leads

Thor

Hi Guys,

I need to purchase a couple of new guitar leads and was wondering if there's anything out there I may be missing...I prefer to use right angle to right angle leads but can't seem to find anything of any decent quality?

I've used Warwick cables in the past but the last couple I bought have only lasted about 18 months and have now started popping & causing a lot of extraneous noise.

I had also used Planet Waves previously but seems they've stopped making what I want, so thought I'd ask if anyone has any other recommendations.

Failing that I guess it'll be a trip to my local shop and ask them to make a couple up for me.

Cheers.

OBBM all the way. Great products, great service, incredible prices. His cables are the same price as mainstream cables, but so much better. I A/Bd one of his with a Planet Waves cable, and the difference in sound was amazing - clearer, less scratchy, and much more defined.

I've heard so many people on here endorse the OBBMs that it would be pointless not to, never needed to replace anything for a long time so I can't say personally.
All mine are bought Klotz cable off the reel and Neutrik jacks el cheapo from Maplins; it does have the benefit of honing your soldering skills.

Received my new cables from OBBM on Friday - had a request to dep on Friday so went straight to work!

Can happily concur with regards great service, superb quality goods at a very reasonable price. Thanks for all the recommendations guys and especially a big thanks to Dave.

I'm going against the general trend here and I'll recommend OBBM. :)

Unless you're wanting cheap as chips cables, you can't go wrong. Better than Planet Waves and about the same price, can't see why Monster charge what they do. Go with OBBM and you can specify the jacks used, the cable used, and the exact length of cable wanted all for about the same as you'd pay for a PW - plus you're keeping a local guy in business rather than a multinational conglomerate who probably gets its cable made by 10 year olds in the far east*.

* [size=2]- might not be true[/size]

Edited by lanark

I make my own, Neutriks and Van Damme, same as OBBM from whom I would otherwise buy leads. No frills but reliable stuff that you know isn't going to muck up your sound and will last until you leave it behind somewhere. (The Neutriks allow a huge lump of solder and the clamping system is far superior to the bent bit of metal type).

I have also used their 'Silent' plugs to avoid the crunching of plugging into a live amp - I know, I know, of course your shouldn't but things happen. Not had a problem with them and quite like the fact I don't have to keep running to the amp every time I plug/unplug the bass.

(Just a note, despite finding good deals for the loose jacks and cable it still costs around the same as buying complete leads from OBBM. Why anyone buys from elsewhere I'll never know).