Why become a member? ×

I like the Bass Guitar, and music

risingson

What's wrong with you people? Bass guitar, so outdated, nobody I know under 40 likes bass guitar, it's had no substantial lasting legacy, and neither has music, kids today don't like music, just have a listen to what's out there, you old people just don't get us kids :)

I think you'll find that post-womble-deathcore-hoedowns have little to do with music, and are where it's at.

(apologies to dc, and no offence intended) :)

Prefer music to the bass guitar by a long chalk. If I was young enough to start again, I can see why other instruments may be preferable but, at that time, the bass was the only one I could make sense of sufficently to be able to invest in it emotionally and financially. I am a musician first and bass player second.

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='1373045' date='Sep 14 2011, 11:40 AM']As long as it's played through an Ampeg SVT toob head and two 8x10s.

Otherwise it's worthless and you should be ashamed of yourselves.[/quote]

Absolutely. Don't forget your P-Bass.

By the way, this isn't a thread discussing which is more important to you, either 'bass' or 'music', it really is much simpler than that! It doesn't matter which one you like more. If we were going to discuss which one was more important then that would be contentious. And there's nothing contentious about this thread, that is the beauty of it...

I love music - who wouldn't.

Not so sure about the bass - it's a tool, but I don't manage to play the music my heart desires, so it keeps frustrating me. If I wouldn't love music so much, I'd throw it away!

Sometimes this makes me want to hate music.

My brother says music is for people to disagree upon.

Indeed, easier to agree on the bass being a nice instrument then to agree on the music it plays.

So maybe I should love bass and hate music.

Confused :)