Why become a member? ×

Oh no.... I've started liking silly basses

Sibob

How schmexual are these two?

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/fodera.png/"][/url]

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/zongt.jpg/"][/url]

I tried the Zon at BassGear last week, twas lovely. The Fodera is just off their website, 4 string SingleCuts ftw

Si

Did you by any chance vote 'Frequently' in my poll about drug taking Si? :)

have a strong cup of coffee and you will see that your Jazz and Precision collection is the dogs doodahs!

P's, the Zon is fine ... But single-cuts, just no!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Darkstrike' post='1366364' date='Sep 8 2011, 01:27 PM']My word! That Zon is incredible looking![/quote]

It's such a great bass to play as well :)

Liking that Fodera as well, I'm coming round to an appreciation of single cuts as well these days (although some still leave me cold).

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1368944' date='Sep 10 2011, 10:28 PM']Indeed, nothing can be silly unless it looks like a toy bought in an adult speciality store.[/quote]

Warwick Corvette?

I remember one bloke on Talkbass telling a story about how he went to a pawn shop and was looking at a Corvette which was priced up really cheap, so he sat down to play it. When he was playing it, he realised the bass reeked of sh*t and was deeply unpleasant to be around. He pressed the store about it and it turned out the bloke who had owned it had parted with it on bad terms. Whether or not bailiffs took it or he had to begrudingly trade it in, he didn't want to let go of it so he 'soiled' the bass by sticking the top horn up his arse!

With the wood being 'open pore' the vile arse miasma soaked into the wood and the shop had tried everything to get rid of the smell without success! As you can imagine, that thread was quite funny.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1366312' date='Sep 8 2011, 12:54 PM']Did you by any chance vote 'Frequently' in my poll about drug taking Si? :)

have a strong cup of coffee and you will see that your Jazz and Precision collection is the dogs doodahs!

P's, the Zon is fine ... But single-cuts, just no![/quote]

I couldn't agree more with you there! Single cuts are disgusting, Precision and Jazzes are the pitbulls plums but that Zon is quite nice. it's just missing a few pieces of metal for me (the frets in case any one gets confused)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1369233' date='Sep 11 2011, 11:15 AM']Warwick Corvette?

I remember one bloke on Talkbass telling a story about how he went to a pawn shop and was looking at a Corvette which was priced up really cheap, so he sat down to play it. When he was playing it, he realised the bass reeked of sh*t and was deeply unpleasant to be around. He pressed the store about it and it turned out the bloke who had owned it had parted with it on bad terms. Whether or not bailiffs took it or he had to begrudingly trade it in, he didn't want to let go of it so he 'soiled' the bass by sticking the top horn up his arse!

With the wood being 'open pore' the vile arse miasma soaked into the wood and the shop had tried everything to get rid of the smell without success! As you can imagine, that thread was quite funny.[/quote]

And this story is absolutely f***ing disgusting! I hope the guy didn't pick it up via the top horn :) This saddens me...

[quote name='Sibob' post='1366308' date='Sep 8 2011, 12:51 PM']How schmexual are these two?

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/fodera.png/"][/url]

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/zongt.jpg/"][/url]

I tried the Zon at BassGear last week, twas lovely. The Fodera is just off their website, 4 string SingleCuts ftw

Si[/quote]

Is this a Blue Mahoe fretboard??

I saw some on an exotic wood website - not unaffordable from what I could see - I've asked for a quote for a fretboard. Apparently a very dense wood which makes a fine board...

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1369562' date='Sep 11 2011, 04:48 PM']Is this a Blue Mahoe fretboard??

I saw some on an exotic wood website - not unaffordable from what I could see - I've asked for a quote for a fretboard. Apparently a very dense wood which makes a fine board...[/quote]

No, the fretboard on the Zon is 'phenowood', basically a softer wood like Birch which is impregnated with a phenolic resin and compressed under intense heat. I believe it's similar to ebony in terms of sound and toughness.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1369233' date='Sep 11 2011, 11:15 AM']Warwick Corvette?

With the wood being 'open pore' the vile arse miasma soaked into the wood and the shop had tried everything to get rid of the smell without success! As you can imagine, that thread was quite funny.[/quote]

LMAO that's purely amazing

Playing in the pocket?