Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.5, Surrey, Saturday 24th September 2011

silverfoxnik

Thanks to all for a great day. Special thanks to Alex for brining my new compact down. Mcgraham, cheers for the technique tips, genuinely very helpful.

[quote name='bassface2k10' timestamp='1316889966' post='1384180'] had a sneaky play on someones Sadowsky P bass...very very very nice indeed

[/quote]

Glad you liked it!

Finally home and back online just to say what another good day the bash was.
I must admit I'd made myself a promise to make it into the jam room this time and pretty much ended up in there most of the day but did manage to say hi to a few faces too.

Particularly good to have [i]Paul the drums[/i] there in the jam room and I have to say I was most impressed with [i]Nigel's[/i] own drum skills (some wicked off-beat playing, dude! :) ). Not to mention guitar, too! Thanks also for letting me hog your Strat and pedal board for a while for some ethereal madness! We had some interesting stuff going down, along with [i]Alex[/i] and S[i]imon[/i] really pumping out some serious Barefaced bottom end... :)

It was also good to see [i]Shelley[/i], the one and only female bass player there - and nice that she joined in for some jammin' fun. Hope you enjoyed it. :)

Thanks to [i]Nik[/i] and [i]Hamster[/i] and their respective missuses(!) for putting it together. Looking forward now to the next one.

Steve

Edited by Stingray5

Back after the gig following the Bash. Fun day as ever, but despite promises to do so this year I STILL missed the jam room. To much sitting & chatting.

Barney being the devil incarnate & tempting me the the S1. Resisted this afternoon, bujt for how much longer will I hold out!?

Must tap up Jake for a couple of refreshers and hopefully I shall manage to express in words what I felt I failed to do in my bit ot the session

Thanks 51mon for the compressor tweaking. Took two photos of the settings with my phone and could not find the damn things later on :)

Good to see everyone again, and some new faces this year. Thanks Nik, Hamster & all others properly involved in putting on another successful SE Bash and roll on next year, when I really shall make it to the jam room.............honest

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1316889305' post='1384164']
Another excellent Bassbash. I had a great time, as did Paul the Drums, and a special [i][b]thank you[/b][/i] to Merton ... he knows why. :)
[/quote]
No problem sir! Let me know how you get on with it :)

Was a great day, really enjoyed catching up with people, hearing Mr Claber's fantastic plans for the future, playing some great gear (LOVE the Super 12!) and learning more about myself as a player and wehre I need to focus my attention (er, everywhere...)

Well done Nik and Colin for organising and well done everyone for turning up and contributing :)

Had a really really lovely day.

Super to see so many faces again, and so many new faces too!

Hope my nonsensical ramblings about recording didn't put too many people off, sorry we didnt have more time, maybe next time we can should have a go at covering some more of the technicalities of tracking (gain structures, mic positions, DIs), mixing (eqing, compression, ambience, panning) and so on, after all getting the phase right is only a tiny bit of the story....

Never forget, it is in fact all a lie!

Want to thank Shep for letting me have such a long noodle on his outstanding Rosoe fretless, I've never played a fretless that wants you to be in tune before, all the other ones i've played seem to argue with me, his just happily plays the note you think it will. Staggering instrument!

This time I got to visit the jam room and make something groovey happen, thanks to all there for putting up with a woefully out of practice fat fella trying to be funky, was a real blast!

Nigel, fabulous to see you and hand over the masters of Kit's EP, looking forward to the release party on the 9th!

Aye, what a fantastic day! It was lovely to see so many good friends and meet some new acquaintances, and finally meeting Mick The Greek and Grand Wazoo. Lorraine (Mrs Nik) took many photos and was a delight to meet, as of course was Seashell who finally got to play with a real drummer and, I hope, found it great fun and overcame any nervousness. Great pleasure to see Colin and Sarah again!

I got to play a few basses and was especially interested in trying some Sandbergs and a Lakland. Neither of which floated my chicken I'm afraid, just not the feel I like, great basses though. Definitely going back to Warwick basses now.

The Jam room was so much fun this year, we had some great jams and great fun! Thanks to all who had a go, and special thanks to Paul the Drums who is a diamond and without whom the Jam Room is not possible. Thanks mate!

Mucho thanko to everyone who made it such a great day out, cheers! Looking forward to seeing these photographs.

Si, lovely to see you too mate, and thank you so much for the fabulous work on Kit's EP, it sounds f***ing incredible! That's no lie :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1316892856' post='1384231']
Hi Folks

Just got home and now have a drink in my hand to unwind, so all good... :)

So.. where to start other than to say thank you to everyone for coming and making it such a great day; those from Nottingham, Birmingham, East Anglia - wow!! Special mentions for 51m0n, jakesbass, bassace, mcgraham & TomKent for doing their brilliant, brilliant workshops.. :) Mark & Tom were very patient as things ran way over time, so thanks guys for being so understanding!

Big thanks also to Hamster & Mrs Hamster for sorting out all the food & drinks and to Merton for sorting out the Raffle - both of which have contributed to the funds raised for good causes (see Colin's update above)..

The was so much good stuff happening all day that it's difficult to cite any one thing in particular as standing out, but i must just say that the vibe in the Jam Room this year was extra special.. Paul The Drums, silddx & Stingray 5 were brilliant and especially when they got seashell (Shelly) involved in the jam!

Gear wise, loads to see and admire, but mcgraham's Wood & Tronics 5 was just awesome, as was Alex's Barefaced 2x12 - very GAS-worthy indeed!...anyway, more on that later.

Lots of photos to look at and upload, many taken by Loraine (Mrs Silverfoxnik) and thanks to her for taking them and thanks also to everyone there who made her feel so welcome!

Nik
[/quote]

Nik - Who ended up being the winner? Any pics?