Why become a member? ×

a spare 20 grand.. which bass shop in the world?

bubinga5

I'd go to Bass Central. Beaver Felton has the contacts to get you pretty much whatever you want and the stock there is always good. Mind you, I remember a few years ago before the economic downturn, Bass Central had the most amazing stock list you can imagine. Either or Ishibashi.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='1243514' date='May 24 2011, 09:37 PM']Ok.
Name the names, then.
If only so we an all go and have a look at their sites....[/quote]
First off, I'd have another 2 Gus G3s. A fretted 5-string based on my matt black one but with some more coil switching options and a more bling colour scheme. And a fretless 5-string with a metal fingerboard and an ACG01 Pre-amp.

Then I'd be looking for a luthier to build me an [i][b]exact[/b][/i] replica of an Ovation Magnum I, but with 5-strings.

If there was anything left from my £20000 after that then I've be looking at something from either [url="http://www.nortonguitars.com/"]Norton[/url] or [url="http://www.spaltinstruments.com/"]Spalt[/url].

I'd go to that bass shop that sells cars...
Or get a tubax (cause thats kind of a bass anyway).

One with a decent selection of second hand/ interesting basses, I don't like buying new, such a waste of money paying all that extra for a bass thats got maybe a few less scratches but isn't even set up.
I could probably spend it just browsing the BC classifieds and ebay.

Edited by Ross

[quote name='Ross' post='1243903' date='May 25 2011, 09:19 AM']I'd go to that bass shop that sells cars...[/quote]
And that's why we're all different.

I could quite happily drop £20000 on a single bass if it was the right one for me.

However I couldn't contemplate spending even a quarter of that on a car unless I was wealthy enough to consider £20000 to be "walking around money".

Wheras I'm really into my volkswagens and if I had £20k it'd be on a car. If a 1948 split rear screen beetle came along, I'd have to drop it all and change my trousers shortly after.

I already have a bass and an amp, if I had like 1 or 2 grand then yeah I'd be after a new bass or rig, but £20k is mental.

[quote name='Ross' post='1243968' date='May 25 2011, 10:17 AM']Wheras I'm really into my volkswagens and if I had £20k it'd be on a car. If a 1948 split rear screen beetle came along, I'd have to drop it all and change my trousers shortly after.

I already have a bass and an amp, if I had like 1 or 2 grand then yeah I'd be after a new bass or rig, but £20k is mental.[/quote]

Did up a Hebmuller once, incredible car. Sorry to go OT.

I would want to buy a Squier JV jazz to match my Precision - failing that a CIJ/MIJ jazz would prob substitute.... I think basschat would be the best place to look for them! with the money left over i would live on it for a year. 20k is far more than i currently earn a year!

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1243969' date='May 25 2011, 10:19 AM']Cheers BRX, I now want a Spalt! :) :) :lol:[/quote]
:D I so nearly got a Spalt hybrid after seeing BRX's Weird & Wonderful thread when I first joined BC, then gravitated towards a Status Streamline, ended up with a Warwick. I want a Spalt again now :P