Why become a member? ×

Old Barefaced News - see our website for the latest news!

alexclaber

[quote name='alexclaber' post='450607' date='Mar 31 2009, 03:31 PM']By the way, the first vintage look model is going out in this batch - a sideways metal-cornered and fabric-grilled Compact to sit underneath a Fender Bassman.[/quote]

Pictures. I MUST see pictures. Do you hear?

[quote name='Etienne' post='451694' date='Apr 1 2009, 04:46 PM']Yay! One of those is mine- should hopefully take delivery at the weekend! :)[/quote]

Thats great news, I'm sure we all expect a glut of reviews coming up !

Alex, these are looking great :)
My initial plan of having two Compacts this year seems a little far-fetched now I'm actually being realistic about miniMert costs, but give it a year or two and i can look like I've jumped onto the bandwagon :rolleyes:

[quote name='Etienne' post='452022' date='Apr 1 2009, 10:44 PM']Sorry Alex, I completely jumped the gun there! :)

Sorry to everybody else waiting for their Compacts, for getting their hopes up! Oh well, only a few extra days to wait...[/quote]
I also was shivering with antici....

...pation

Can't wait to fire mine up with my Shuttle! :)

Unfortunately, as I'm no longer in possession of the Genz Benz NEOX-212T cab that I had on trial from Niceguyhomer, the shootout that I had planned between it and the Compact won't be happening... nevermind!
Instead, I'll be posting a 'first impressions' review of Alex's handiwork in a few days time, followed by another 'real-world' review a few weeks later, once I've played some gigs with it!

[quote name='Etienne' post='457533' date='Apr 8 2009, 04:02 PM']Unfortunately, as I'm no longer in possession of the Genz Benz NEOX-212T cab that I had on trial from Niceguyhomer, the shootout that I had planned between it and the Compact won't be happening... nevermind![/quote]

Dammit, I was looking forward to that!

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='460011' date='Apr 11 2009, 04:49 PM']Barefaced Big One with crossover v.4 is on its way to a gig shortly - Horse & Groom in Hanover, Brighton, if anyone fancies some fat grooves tonight!

Alex[/quote]

Can't make it to the gig, Alex, much as I'd love to ... for obvious reasons.

Don't scratch it, now. G'wan g'wan g'wan.

Have a good time.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='466780' date='Apr 19 2009, 03:34 PM']The first 'vintage look' Compact:

Alex[/quote]
Superb. Will you be doing a similar version of the Big One? If so, I may have to phone my bank and arrange more overdraft...

[quote name='~tl' post='466900' date='Apr 19 2009, 07:02 PM']Superb. Will you be doing a similar version of the Big One? If so, I may have to phone my bank and arrange more overdraft...[/quote]

You can have the Big One, Compact or Big Baby done 'vintage' style. £25 surcharge plus there may be more of a wait because they have to be built differently, it isn't simply a case of swapping the grill.

Alex