Jump to content
Why become a member? Read more... ×


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Total Watts

21 Excellent

About Sharkfinger

Personal Information

  • Location
    East Herts

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Sharkfinger

    Ashdown Mini 408 400watt

    Only just seen this tread. @gpw5150 bought this from me and I bought it from Ashdown's eBay store. Celestion drivers? Can only apologise as I did not mean to mislead: they're advertised as Sica drivers on Ashdown's site, so that's what I based my advert on. https://ashdownmusic.com/products/abm-408-neo "Rated at 2000W, the 8 ohm ABM 408 NEO cabinet is loaded with 4x8” SICA NEO drivers. " Mind you the handle was different as well so maybe this was a prototype? Was bought a year ago, so the eBay listing is now gone and can't check that it was advertised as.
  2. This set will pretty accurately give you a classic 70's stingray sound. John East preamp in very good condition. With knobs but not the mounting plate. All the connecting wires have been replaced with a set directly from John East. Can include a battery clip if required. "The MMSR 4 Knob 3 Band has been designed with characteristics very similar to the original MM Stingray© 2 Band EQ, in order to retain the same interaction between the MM pickup and the electronics, crucial in creating the original pre EB sound colours. A Mid Sweep, is included along with original MM style Bass and Treble. When the Mid boost/cut is centred, its effect is neutral and the EQ is purely late 70s MM style." https://www.east-uk.com/index.php/bass/mmsr-4-knob-3-band.html £110 delivered Pickup is Seymour Duncan's replica of the 1976 classic Music Man alnico pickup https://www.seymourduncan.com/pickup/music-man-alnico-v £60 Delivered If you take both, I'll do it for £155 posted. You can also collect for a further discount. I'm based in Hertfordshire.
  3. Sharkfinger

    3-seater leather sofa

    Very generous but collection from where?
  4. Now on eBay, starting at £180: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132872691536
  5. 250K. Though it would be visible from the photos, will add to description.
  6. SOLD KiOgon wiring loom I had him make me few years back. Was in a PJ bass for a couple of years and is 2 volumes, a toggle (front, back or both) and tone. Has sat in my drawer for about a year unused now and I want to sell this to fund a KiOgon loom for my latest build. Quality components and solderless connection, as you would expect. EDIT: they are alpha pots, 250K. Any other questions, please ask, or just ask the guy wot made it £30 delivered (recorded) or £25 collected
  7. Sharkfinger

    Feedback Happy Jack

    Recently bought a Marbass STD 104 HF from Jack. As usual, smooth and easy transaction.
  8. How is this still here, let alone price dropped? It's a fantastic cab.
  9. Sharkfinger


    No FB thread so started one for him. Just bought my Ashdown Mini Neo 408 cab. Great communication, turned up when and where he said he would. It's 👍 👍 from me...
  10. I'm also donating over half of the proceeds of this to charity.
  11. Haven't seen to many of these. A UK made Ashdown 4x8 with Neo drivers, which I believe are made by Sica. It's a sealed cab and has a tight tone and pretty loud. The tweeter gives it a lot of articulation. Added feet to the side so it can be stacked that way as well. Sounds immense with the matching 1x15 that I have. Rated at 400W and 8 Ohms. Not sure about the weight but from feel it's about 24Kg. Bought new but foolishly didn't get a cover for it, so it's picked up a few scrapes in the tolex. £150 £110 delivered (in UK). Can also give a discount if collected or you meet up with me anywhere from West Herts to East Essex. Trades: would only consider lightweight, high-efficiency, multi-speaker cabs. Thinking 2x12, 3x10 or 2x15. No 4x10 (unless has diagonal speakers) or 2x10. Would also consider a Jazz bass or Jazz bass body.
  12. Sale fell through, so back up for sales is my brilliant 2x10 cab that pretty light and portable, despite having ceramic speakers. Roqsolid cover included. Condition is as new, apart from the Fender badge was a little broken (stapled back together). Also, in the interest of full disclosure, the centre of the dust caps on the speakers had been pushed in. I pulled them back out again but you can still see a little 'wrinkle' on them. Purely superficial and does not affect the sound or function of the speakers. Cannot even be seen when speaker grill in place. 350W RMS and 8 Ohm More info here: https://shop.fender.com/en-GB/bass-amplifiers/contemporary-digital/rumble-210-cabinet/2380100000.html?rl=en_US Edit: Forgot to mention, it's £215 delivered or £180 if collected from East Herts. Can also meet up anywhere from West Herts to East Essex, depending on day. Trades: would only consider lightweight, high-efficiency, multi-speaker cabs. Thinking 2x12, 3x10 or 2x15. No 4x10 (unless has diagonal speakers) or 2x10. Would also consider a Jazz bass or Jazz bass body. Also after a Strymon Zuma power supply
  13. 800 Watt stereo amp. older version of this one without so many bells and whistles: https://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tamp_e800.htm Bought new in 2006, used briefly as bass amp. Does 800W bridged into 8 Ohms but sounded rubbish so delegated to PA spare amp for which it was OK. Then went with powered speakers, so this has been in storage for a good few years. It powers on but there's a very slight rattle with the fan. Haven't tested it, so free to anyone that can collect. Could possibly meet up on the way to gig (Essex mainly) or work (Hertfordshire) but not going to go much out of my way. My home location is East Hertfordshire, near Bishop's Stortford / Harlow.
  14. Sharkfinger

    Barefaced Compact for Sale £275

    Gigged a first gen compact for a couple of years and did going on 300 gigs with it. Flawless.