Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR500 price dropped
£200
Cheltenham

gafbass02

With great regret, I’m selling my stock Ibanez SR500 - I call it ‘the woodchipper’ - for obvious reasons! 
It plays great and sounds fab, which is why it’s so worn. For a good few years it was my gigging number one, and used for all sorts of jams, open mics etc, which has left it looking very well played!!

Don’t be fooled by the looks though, it’s been meticulously maintained and cared for, the neck is great and is well set up. It’s wearing a set of elixirs at the minute. There’s one dead fret up the very top of dusty end somewhere if I recall, but only with my silly low action!

you can hear a somewhat muffled video of it here, back before I’d chipped quite so much of the finish off!!

I’m asking £175 collected from Cheltenham sadly I cannot post. 
not bad considering the retail price! 

IMG_0887.jpeg

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0889.jpeg

IMG_0890.jpeg

IMG_0891.jpeg

IMG_0892.jpeg

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

IMG_0895.jpeg

IMG_0896.jpeg

IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_0898.jpeg

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

re the great basses comment with thin finishes, they are Indeed, it’s such a shame that the finish is so easily damaged. I have another which I stripped back completely. Hoping to hold onto that one. 

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 1

Don't need another SR... I'd get proper told off... .. i haven't got a 500... couple of 300, a 400 and a 600... It's too far!

The Mahogany body perfect for a rub down and tru-oil-ing, Neck looks like the 600 with the extension and Bubinga Jotoba and Rosewood fretboard.

• Like 1

I've mentioned this before, but just in case ya don't know...

The Mk1 Barts are a Reverse P in a soapbar, not a full width humbucker as often compared too bassed(!) on looks.

Go Passive!

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

• gafbass02 changed the title to Ibanez SR500 price dropped