Why become a member? ×

Behringer u-phoria umc22 - faulty - *WITHDRAWN*
£12
East Herts

There is a high pitched whine when I record with this. Bought it second hand and left it too late to return.

Works still work great as an external sound card or just as a headphone amp

£12 delivered

B1EEB01C-FDDD-47B1-868F-023D248BE78B.jpeg

Edited by Sharkfinger

• 1 year later...

My UMC22 started suddenly to whine about two years ago but I got it fixed somehow by disconnecting/re-connecting the device and/or by audio settings. Unfortunately can't remember anymore how I did it.

But now it started to whine again (at 14 kHz).

I got temporary rid off hearing that by untapping 'Listen to this device' on Windows speaker icon/Recording Devices/Recording/Stero Mix/Properties/Listen.

According VU display of Windows mixer whining is still there but not coming out of the speakers nor to the recordings anymore.

Would be nice to understand where this squealing is coming from. Is there really something broken on UMC22 or could this still be just some software (audio feedback?) issue.

Edited by wipe2000
  • Like 1

I’d forgotten all about this.

17 minutes ago, wipe2000 said:

My UMC22 started suddenly to whine about two years ago but I got it fixed somehow by disconnecting/re-connecting the device and/or by audio settings. Unfortunately can't remember anymore how I did it.

But now it started to whine again (at 14 kHz).

I got temporary rid off hearing that by untapping 'Listen to this device' on Windows speaker icon/Recording Devices/Recording/Stero Mix/Properties/Listen.

According VU display of Windows mixer whining is still there but not coming out of the speakers nor to the recordings anymore.

Would be nice to understand where this squealing is coming from. Is there really something broken on UMC22 or could this still be just some software (audio feedback?) issue.

Well this is long gone, no idea where so I’ll withdraw this.

• Sharkfinger changed the title to Behringer u-phoria umc22 - faulty WITHDRAWN