Why become a member? ×

Jazz

jezzaboy

Hurray! Back at six Jazzes.

MiJbMa0.jpg

From left to right: Sadowsky MetroExpress JJ5 (with Aguilar pickups), Blade B2 Tetra Bass (with Lollar pickups and Aguilar preamp), 1966 Fender Jazz, Lakland Joe Osborne, 2001 Fender Standard Jazz Bass fretless (with Wicked pickups), De Gier Bebop 5 (with Wicked pickups). 

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 Squier j

Squier Club: From Left to right we have, VM Jazz, Affinity Jazz and the most recent, an Anniversary Jazz.

3 Squier j

3 Squier j

3 Squier j

Plates or no plates? Blocks or dots? Paint or no paint? Chrome or gold hardware? Tug bar or no tug bar? I love them all! 😃

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/01/2023 at 13:40, BassAgent said:

Hurray! Back at six Jazzes.

MiJbMa0.jpg

From left to right: Sadowsky MetroExpress JJ5 (with Aguilar pickups), Blade B2 Tetra Bass (with Lollar pickups and Aguilar preamp), 1966 Fender Jazz, Lakland Joe Osborne, 2001 Fender Standard Jazz Bass fretless (with Wicked pickups), De Gier Bebop 5 (with Wicked pickups). 

Up to seven!

ae8UkKL.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My venerable Jazz chilling in the studio; it was stripped years before it came into my possession and someone had hogged out the wood around the bridge to install a Badass I (thankfully they kept the original which I put right back on); I do keep thinking about a body refin; it has a lot of character though! 

IMG-20230525-WA0002.thumb.jpeg.458df7891476565b6128b9992ec8f388.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
40th anniversary Jazz final setup

For the last month or so, I've pretty much played this thing exclusively. No gigs but it's seen a few studio sessions plus lots of playing at home - 6 months since purchase and it's just getting better (my opinion, of course) as everything seems to have stabilized and settled in nicely. For the money, this range of basses are incredible.  

• Like 4

On 16/06/2023 at 12:28, Dicey said:

My venerable Jazz chilling in the studio; it was stripped years before it came into my possession and someone had hogged out the wood around the bridge to install a Badass I (thankfully they kept the original which I put right back on); I do keep thinking about a body refin; it has a lot of character though! 

IMG-20230525-WA0002.thumb.jpeg.458df7891476565b6128b9992ec8f388.jpeg

Very nice, Looks great as it is, what year is that one Dicey 

Pots and serial date it to '70, but it was sold to me as a '71, maybe it was built in '70 and sold in '71? Whichever of those years it is, it's practically a fretless at this point and with the flatwound strings it plays so smoothly! 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dicey said:

Pots and serial date it to '70, but it was sold to me as a '71, maybe it was built in '70 and sold in '71? Whichever of those years it is, it's practically a fretless at this point and with the flatwound strings it plays so smoothly! 😁

Lovely, I wouldn’t refinish it myself it looks cool 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...