Why become a member? ×

Jazz

jezzaboy

Being into my vintagey tones (think flats and valves, motown and Deacon) it still really surprises me that my MIJ 75 ri Jazz bucks the common generalisation that P’s do that best. I love my P but honestly this jazz sounds so good, like the old recordings 

2CA6C614-2878-4162-8D74-452222C6E61B.jpeg

00726369-52A5-4B7B-A8A5-11CBCFD130A4.jpeg

69D2E39A-F1E1-4C93-9409-A2FC3E543CC7.jpeg

637CE88D-9F4F-426D-A035-F77B6658C6C2.jpeg

• Like 6

my modest contribution 

72BA150C-D1F9-4D61-BD32-B2D58477F673

a 2007 Fender jazz (fairly bog standard, doesn’t even have Pearl inlays), and a 2004 Squier with the original strings!! I did slightly cheat by putting block inlay stickers on the Squier but I think it looks rather fetching…

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd been using my heavily modified Harley Benton 75JB for a couple of years and decided to have something special made around the hardware which is/was:

US Hipshot Ultralite Tuners & Xtender on the E

Fender high mass bridge

EMG Jazz pickups with 2 band BTS system

After watching Guy Pratt's lockdown videos, some of Guy's other basses, my enduring love for the Chilis and so on I decided on a Status Graphite Jazz neck and Warmoth body.

The body is a chambered alder Dinky Jazz bass body with mahogany top, rear routed with double battery box and finished in satin Taos Turquoise.

It's turned out even better than I could have hoped for. It's always a gamble putting something together without being able to see all of the components together until it's all been made and assembled but here it is:

20211218_172420.jpg

20211218_172527.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this bass, it's become the studio 'go-to' Jazz. It's only a Squier Affinity but it's got a great sound and has made it onto more recordings at the studio than any other. 😀 I've done some mods including the knobs, tin work and pearl / shell 3-ply scratch plate.

SunSt Trace jp

And the VM series Squier that is still almost certainly the best passive bass I've owned. 😃

Basses 22

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BassAgent said:

Oh man, seeing this makes me miss my old Celinder again. Such amazing instruments. I hope I can buy one again.

Which did you have? I agree they’re excellent 👌🏽 

• 2 weeks later...