Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

Not sure if this one even counts, it used to be a PJ Squier, my 1st bass as it happens, I refinished the body and converted it to a twin Jazz pickup with a Kiogon VBT loom and ironstone pickups and a new pickguard from @TimAl Quite pleased with the result and the tone is fun to play with given I like my P tones normally!

20230819_115156.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Not sure if this one even counts, it used to be a PJ Squier, my 1st bass as it happens, I refinished the body and converted it to a twin Jazz pickup with a Kiogon VBT loom and ironstone pickups and a new pickguard from @TimAl Quite pleased with the result and the tone is fun to play with given I like my P tones normally!

20230819_115156.jpg

That's super quirky and fun looking. Like the Saab of the bass world.

26 minutes ago, Bassman1974 said:

That's super quirky and fun looking. Like the Saab of the bass world.

Ha!....I'll take that, had a jazz bass a few years back, liked the sound and the slim neck, but hated the body shape, so this little project was quite exciting for me :)

• Like 1

I have recently acquired this 2003 AVRI 62 P complete with unopened covers, lead and manuals. It is in very nice condition and sounds lovely with a lightly used set of La Bella LTFs. I think it may stay with me for a while.....

FAE534B6-1870-426C-B6F8-BF9387849025.jpeg

• Like 11

17 hours ago, MungoBass said:

I have recently acquired this 2003 AVRI 62 P complete with unopened covers, lead and manuals. It is in very nice condition and sounds lovely with a lightly used set of La Bella LTFs. I think it may stay with me for a while.....

FAE534B6-1870-426C-B6F8-BF9387849025.jpeg

That’s a beauty, the 62’s are so nice and sound fantastic, amazing instrument,I too recently acquired this AVRI 62

IMG_0650.jpeg

Edited by Reggaebass
  • Like 11

On 28/08/2023 at 08:39, Oopsdabassist said:

20230819_115156.jpg

❤️ Nice one Oops, deee-lighted to have been involved & I must say:

Looking Jazzy!
🥸

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 24/05/2023 at 16:34, Jono Bolton said:

Sent my P Bass build away to David Wilson for a refinish. It was 3-tone sunburst, but is now sonic blue. The picture doesn't pick up the true colour, it's a fair bit lighter in real life. It's got a light relic finish, similar to the Fender Journeyman CS relics.

PXL_20230522_161106338.thumb.jpg.49defe4f98315b089b24d0443cb8c3a9.jpg

Specs are: a Fender MIJ 70s P body, Fender Road Worn 50s P neck, Creamery Classic '58 pickup, Fender anodised aluminium pickguard, ashtrays, knobs, and tugbar, Squier JV reverse gear tuners, Hosco threaded saddle bridge, and Gotoh strap buttons, string tree, and neck plate.

A wee update on my bitsa P; I didn't get on with the Road Worn neck so when @Studio GC put his Classic 50s Precision neck up in the Marketplace earlier in the week, I snapped it up. I know I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer glossy necks to satin. It's also a better fit in the pocket than the Road Worn, so nice and snug now. The gold Fender anodised aluminium pickguard didn't quite fit round the heel so it's got my old JV pickguard on there as a temporary measure while I decide what to put on it, though I don't hate it as it is now. As ever, the true colour is hard to capture in photos, it's still much more pale than the pictures suggest  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PXL_20231007_151746928.thumb.jpg.4e63c36a90d86e80b1edaf7c13693b9b.jpg

Edited by Jono Bolton
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, basshead56 said:

What is the red Precision between the Ashdown and the Ampeg? Also, that SVT AV is my dream amp!!!

That’s a 1962 P bass, beautiful bass. Now sold but I still have plenty more in stock. The SVT is a beast 👌

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/10/2023 at 16:28, Jono Bolton said:

A wee update on my bitsa P; I didn't get on with the Road Worn neck so when @Studio GC put his Classic 50s Precision neck up in the Marketplace earlier in the week, I snapped it up. I know I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer glossy necks to satin. It's also a better fit in the pocket than the Road Worn, so nice and snug now. The gold Fender anodised aluminium pickguard didn't quite fit round the heel so it's got my old JV pickguard on there as a temporary measure while I decide what to put on it, though I don't hate it as it is now. As ever, the true colour is hard to capture in photos, it's still much more pale than the pictures suggest  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PXL_20231007_151746928.thumb.jpg.4e63c36a90d86e80b1edaf7c13693b9b.jpg

A slight update:

PXL_20231114_153840737.thumb.jpg.d9a65b6d17d4f5b442ea6a8adfe2fd50.jpg

It's got a set of Gotoh Resolite Reverse Gear tuners on the way and that should be it done.

Edited by Jono Bolton
  • Like 3

This is the most recent group pic of all my P Basses.

Though it's a few years old.

From top:

77 in Lake Placid Blue sparkle

79 in Sunburst (just sold it last month)

78 in Siennaburst

78 in Olympic White

73 in Black

97 American Deluxe in trans crimson red

04 OBP51 refin in Trans Ash Blonde (just sold this a couple of weeks ago)

03 Mark Hoppus sig in Shell Pink

06 American Standard S1 in Sunburst

sorry about the Jazzes photo bombing 

Screenshot_20231026_161003_Gallery.png

Edited by basshead56
spelling
  • Like 9

• 4 weeks later...