Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's only been a month since I picked up my Vintera Telecaster Bass so I wasn't expecting any more incomings, but I spotted this online and the price was too good to pass up. A 2010 Squier Classic Vibe 50s Precision Bass in butterscotch blonde. I'd wanted one for a few years but they don't come up very often. It's in 9/10 condition with just a couple of tiny dings in not-very-visible places. I restrung it with a set of flats I had in my parts box and it plays very nicely and sounds pretty good to boot.

PXL_20240124_111728839.thumb.jpg.7f608e092665f4250ef29fb8d38a9099.jpg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2024 at 12:28, Jono Bolton said:

It's only been a month since I picked up my Vintera Telecaster Bass so I wasn't expecting any more incomings, but I spotted this online and the price was too good to pass up. A 2010 Squier Classic Vibe 50s Precision Bass in butterscotch blonde. I'd wanted one for a few years but they don't come up very often. It's in 9/10 condition with just a couple of tiny dings in not-very-visible places. I restrung it with a set of flats I had in my parts box and it plays very nicely and sounds pretty good to boot.

PXL_20240124_111728839.thumb.jpg.7f608e092665f4250ef29fb8d38a9099.jpg

I had one of those a few years back and to my surprise it had a quarter sawn neck! Does yours have one as well?

On 07/02/2024 at 09:04, BassAgent said:

I had one of those a few years back and to my surprise it had a quarter sawn neck! Does yours have one as well?

I had to Google exactly what a quarter sawn neck was as I've seen it referred to but never really knew what it meant, but it seems like it is. The grain runs vertically/slightly in the diagonal when I look at the end of the headstock and heel