Why become a member? ×

TO GO: The Wife!

CPBass

[quote name='Raggy' post='116358' date='Jan 8 2008, 05:19 PM']Just got rid of a 76, wondering if I should of.

The top end was very prominent and the bottom end nice and round. :)[/quote]

I used have a serious neck diving fire breathing 76 Thunderbird. My mother warned me about them when I were growing up!!!! I had things running up and down my leg for a few weeks after the Tbirds fire was extinguished!!! Loved the neck dive sessions tho :huh:

Edited by Voodoosnake

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='117431' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:25 PM']ebs_freak me thinks u have over stepped the mark! but boy did I laugh..........cheers mate my sides ache![/quote]

What do you mean? I hadn't even started talking about her BadAss!

I love my '85 but the guy across the hall from me has an absolutely stunning dark '87 which I just can't get my mind off. Sometimes I pretend to do extra DIY just so I have an excuse to be out in the hallway in the hope of catching a glimpse of that beautifully figured body.

Guilt.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='118535' date='Jan 11 2008, 02:11 PM']Apologies to anybody who didn't see the funny side to my post. Sorry for any offence I may have caused.

If it's any consolation, it was a work of fiction... I never had an ex who matched that description![/quote]

Apology excepted.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='118802' date='Jan 11 2008, 07:24 PM']Ha ha... if there was anybody on this forum that would define the word "irony" at this point...[/quote]

Thought you'd like that.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

I got in drunk the other day and ordered a cheap one online. Luckily it arrived before my girlfriend got home.

Its no replacement for what I've got already, but due to the cheap nature, you can do whatever you want to it without feeling bad.

Its amazing what you can pick up for £120.

[quote name='cetera' post='114984' date='Jan 6 2008, 09:20 PM']I've got a lovely '76..... beautifully ergonomically designed like my Spectors..... very shapely with a full, tight bottom and just enough top end to attract your attention without dominating the mix. VERY easy on the eye & a pleasure to play.....[/quote]
Sounds brilliant... I want one of them - where do you get them from?? :)

My '84 has snapped. I left her unattended while I've been abroad and apparently a couple of players stripped her finish and gave her some vigorous slapping and popping.

She had a smooth and pronounced top end and bottom end with a nice mid-scoop. Shame about the cheap pick-ups and faulty wiring.

Considering putting her in a hard case and leaving her there when I get back.

Edited by The Funk

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='119095' date='Jan 12 2008, 12:51 PM']Sounds brilliant... I want one of them - where do you get them from?? :)[/quote]

I got her from a bloke who completely undervalued her and didn't know how to best play with her so let her go.....

It was fate, as I was in the market for exactly that model..... in fact I'd been GASing over her for months! She's relicing nicely and improves with age though she is often covered in my sweat after heavy playing...

A very tidy investment which I'm not planning to put back on the market ANY time in the foreseeable future! :huh:

i just want to clarify something

We're not all having sex with our basses are we???

ahh girls, right, good! :huh:

The Funk - Sorry to hear about your situation, to carry on with the analogy...you don't need any firewood rubbish clogging up the mix, nows the time to concentrate on your own chops then go shopping for a much better instrument!

or something :)
Si

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='119885' date='Jan 13 2008, 11:57 PM']Hmmm, that sounds more traumatic than is funny.

I only came here to make a joke about a shortscale with a huge bottom end I've been GASing over recently.[/quote]
I think you'll find GASing over her may put her off.

:)

• 1 month later...

Well, I've got a gorgeous '74, longscale neck with an ultra-slim body. There are a few cracks beginning to show in the finish but it still plays pretty well.

The downside is that I recently used the body to create a couple of miniature reproduction models which caused a bit of damage. The two spring loaded control knobs no longer repspond as they're supposed to - they've become really sensitive, such that now when you twist them all you hear is a high-pitched squeal instead of a pleasant sound. Also the jack socket got mashed up, the fit isn't so tight now. It still works but is a bit temperamental - sometimes I have to hold the cable in my hand instead.