Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Thunderthumbs thread.

dave_bass5

Pete Is A Great Guy! He deserves alot of credit for his generocity, honesty and his immense bass playing.
His band are awesome! (not being paid to say that, they reli are!!..)

Bought a Warwick Streamer Stage 1 off him, and Im endlessly delighted I accepted his offer..its a one of a kind, immaculate
bass and IMHO the best one I've had a go on and actually own now lol, Thanks for the extra's you threw in mate! you made it a once in a lifetime deal that I couldn't refuse. If only I met more top guys like pete..

It was a pleasure to meet him, all the best for the future man. I owe you one!

Pedro

Pete and I came up with the most complicated route for a pair of cabs across the country ever envisaged. Fair play to the man, he played along with it every step of the way and the cabs are sitting in my living room. Big thumbs up to this guy's selling. Spot on.

Everyone applaud now.

I've not yet met Pete or heard his playing but we've been speaking over the last few days, as he's been on his 'Lakland Mission', which appears to be successfully completed now!

We had a really good chat about bass stuff at the weekend and what impressed me most, was just how far Pete is prepared to travel in search of bass 'perfection'! If we had the Basschat equivalent of 'airmiles' - acquired in the pursuit of all things Bass and appeasing the GAS - then I suspect Pete would have enough for a trip to Mars and back by now! :)

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='Yessikris' post='121631' date='Jan 16 2008, 05:57 PM']Met Pete today when he bought my JO5,great guy,i'm so glad he likes the bass,sure we will deal again sometime,don't hesitate to deal with Pete,he's 100%,cheers,Julian.[/quote]

I was very interested in that bass as well. had the money ready but i owed Pete one so didnt bother getting in touch.
I hope he enjoys it as much as i would have done :-(

What a hell of a nice guy. As Pete's official string supplier :) we have met up a couple of times. We would probably still be chewing the fat now if prior commitments hadn't got in the way.
Hope to see you again soon Mr Thumbs.
Cheers,
Stuart

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='121854' date='Jan 17 2008, 12:01 AM']I was very interested in that bass as well. had the money ready but i owed Pete one so didnt bother getting in touch.
I hope he enjoys it as much as i would have done :-([/quote]
Hey Dave....well the favour's definitely repaid then...it looks, sounds and feels great. If I ever sell it, you'll be first on the list :)

Cheers,
Pete.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='122127' date='Jan 17 2008, 12:39 PM']What a hell of a nice guy. As Pete's official string supplier :) we have met up a couple of times. We would probably still be chewing the fat now if prior commitments hadn't got in the way.
Hope to see you again soon Mr Thumbs.
Cheers,
Stuart[/quote]
Thanks again Stuart. Compliments returned.

Don't forget to keep me updated on the Jolly Carter :huh:

Cheers,
Pete.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just met pete tonight to trade for his EBS multicomp, absolutely great guy and a pleasure to talk too, its a shame my pregnant wife needed feeding or i could have gassed all night.
deal with confidence thanks pete love the pedal- lee

Sold Pete a EBS Pedal Board and MultiDrive recently, and have to say the transaction couldn't have been easier. Great fella to deal with.....

P

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='guyl' post='631978' date='Oct 20 2009, 11:54 PM']Bought Pete's G&L this afternoon - he delivered it to my doorstep this evening.

A very smooth transaction and a lovely bloke. Thank you![/quote]
Hi Guy,

Thanks a lot. It was nice to meet you. Nice collection of basses you've got too.

Have fun with the G&L.

All the best,
Pete.

[quote name='tredders' post='632900' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:07 PM']I just bought Pete's 76 Precision, and he even delivered it from Manchester as he was passing through near my place.

Top bloke, and the bass is absolutely fantastic - thanks again, Pete.[/quote]
Hi Mark,

Really glad you're happy with it. It's a great excuse for getting all The Jam tracks out eh? :)

And oddly enough, after going from yours to Suffolk and then to Surrey, I ended up passing your junction on the M40 again on the way home! What a lonnnnnnnnng day, but well worth it.

Enjoy.

Cheers,
Pete.

• 1 year later...

Just sent an RX Microcube over to Thunderthumbs in one of the easiest and most hassle-free transactions ever. Thunderthumbs was a gentleman throughout and a pleasure with whom to do business - most highly recommended - great communications and a man of his word. The deal was facilitated by Martin (MB1) who collected the amp and delivered across town - thanks to both him and Thunderthumbs!

• 6 months later...