Why become a member? ×

Ansir Basses

Kiwi

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='996679' date='Oct 22 2010, 08:54 AM']Needs a "Torzal twist" neck, too![/quote]
Now that would be a thing...angled body, torzal twist and fan fretted with adjustable body wings like a Spalt. A thing that would look like someone had left it on a car dash in summer. :)

What a load of absolute crap. Especially the bit about people with injuries or back strain acquiring some relief.

It's all bullshit and he's waffling, trying desperately to justify his monstrosity. That instrument is the John Merrick of the bass world, but without dear John's personality.

The fact he thinks it's a "cool look but a functional design" demonstrates he shouldn't be allowed even to design his own f***ing breakfast. It's a disgusting piece of "design" and god help his investors, if he has any.

Poor sod.

[i]Edited for needless profanity.[/i]

Edited by silddx

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='996797' date='Oct 22 2010, 10:32 AM']Now that would be a thing...angled body, torzal twist and fan fretted with adjustable body wings like a Spalt. A thing that would look like someone had left it on a car dash in summer. :)[/quote]
Yes! But it would have to be a Graphite neck with an Ebony or Pau Ferro fretboard. You know why :D

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='996842' date='Oct 22 2010, 11:07 AM']Not just hit by the ugly stick - the Ansir bass IS the ugly stick.[/quote]
:) :lol: :)

[quote name='silddx' post='997420' date='Oct 22 2010, 06:49 PM']What a load of absolute crap. Especially the bit about people with injuries or back strain acquiring some relief.

It's all bullshit and he's waffling, trying desperately to justify his monstrosity. That instrument is the John Merrick of the bass world, but without dear John's personality.

The fact he thinks it's a "cool look but a functional design" demonstrates he shouldn't be allowed even to design his own f***ing breakfast. It's a disgusting piece of "design" and god help his investors, if he has any.

Poor sod.

[i]Edited for needless profanity.[/i][/quote]

Functional design= Steinberger XL2A
We then had to wait nearly 30 years for an alternative/better attempt in the form of the [b]Status Streamline[/b].
Compact, lightweight, no balance issues and full-on tone/sound/playablility. And you can get LEDs, AND use your old strap, and get colours other than black... You get the idea!

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='997435' date='Oct 22 2010, 07:06 PM']Functional design= Steinberger XL2A
We then had to wait nearly 30 years for an alternative/better attempt in the form of the [b]Status Streamline[/b].
Compact, lightweight, no balance issues and full-on tone/sound/playablility. And you can get LEDs, AND use your old strap, and get colours other than black... You get the idea![/quote]
Bang on. I so nearly bought a Streamline, got my Warwick Vette $$ instead.

That Klein above is utterly delicious! I WANT!! I have never seen a picture of the Klein bass before, imagine it in white! I can see another self-build coming on :)

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='997435' date='Oct 22 2010, 07:06 PM']Functional design= Steinberger XL2A[/quote]
Ned's suggested in one of the Steinberger World.com interviews that the L/XL bass may have been TOO small. Its definitely a minimalist design but hardly ergonomic.

I love the Klein shape as well, its beautiful. Basses are literally like hens teeth and asking prices are around $4000-6000. I could make one though, I have all the bits at home apart from the body...

[quote name='silddx' post='997420' date='Oct 22 2010, 06:49 PM']What a load of absolute crap. Especially the bit about people with injuries or back strain acquiring some relief.

Poor sod.

[i]Edited for needless profanity.[/i][/quote]

But did you like the bass or not???
I'm not quite clear after reading your post.

:lol: :)

• 1 month later...

I dunno how he can claim that his necks are set at a 'perfect angle'. A string, from nut to bridge is a straight line. It is only angled by the player. What he's building there, is an odd shaped body on a regular neck. ...then photographing it at an angle other than horizontal.

I wonder what his patent is actually for. Maybe we will all have to pay royalties to hang our basses over our shoulders at any angle other than the imperfect *horizontal*?

I too would have liked to hear the bass rather than his flapping jaw ...even a little.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='996797' date='Oct 22 2010, 09:32 AM']Now that would be a thing...angled body, torzal twist and fan fretted with adjustable body wings like a Spalt. A thing that would look like someone had left it on a car dash in summer. :)[/quote]

You forgot the roasted neck & frets that can be 'sunken' into the neck.

It all seems to make sense... yet seem so pointless at the same time. Umm... can't get past the looks but it may be a good instrument to be on for those mammoth practice sessions. Having said that, you really should be playing on the instrument you are used to playing...

So yeah... not for me.

[quote name='Fat Rich' post='1067703' date='Dec 23 2010, 12:39 PM']Everyone knows if you tilt your bass up to make it more comfortable to play it doesn't sound so good because the wood grain is no longer parallel to the ground.

This design fixes that problem and is also useful for people with one leg longer than the other.[/quote]

Nonsense Rich: ...in fact, all the good tone runs down the neck under gravity to the pickups, ergo, one sounds better.

Here are the rest of their designs - although I'm not sure that's the right word:

[url="http://www.ansirmusic.com/our-basses.html"]http://www.ansirmusic.com/our-basses.html[/url]

Although it's hard to think of a sane rationalisation for the underlying concept of these things, I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be possible to integrate this angled-neck feature into a bass that doesn't look like a big pile of dog sick. And yet here we are.

Jon.