Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Chest Rockwell' post='837050' date='May 14 2010, 12:07 PM']Also curious bout where the Peavey combo originated (Model 115BW, Serial 3A-01417190). I dont see 'em anywhere, except one that went on Ebay recently for just under £300. This has to be early 80's or something and im guessing came from The States? It's damn loud when needed.

I will likely sell the Peavey now as I don't have the space, but I'll keep the Aria as it's probably a low cost bass and so worth more to me to keep around.[/quote]

Ooh! Your Peavey 300 BW is shinier than mine.
I can tell you that yours is a series one Combo 300 BW (that's the 1x15 Black Widow speaker). Made in the USA and possibly bought from the shop in Essex where Trace Elliot started. My orginal one was (in 84).
They are the dog's as far as I'm concerned for that kind of combo. Probably made around 84 or 85. After that they were face lifted, twice I think.

I paid £100 for the one I have now. It does look like it spent 10 years in a damp cellar - because it did. However it does have castors and big inset handles in the side to help limit the back damage. £20 for a bit of dry joint soldering and a swift overhaul and it's fine for my rawk and jam gigs.
It's a rag rig. Looks like poo, sounds great and, as you say, loud enough to deter marauding guitarists...

[quote name='Bison' post='857861' date='Jun 5 2010, 12:14 AM']I use an Ampeg SVT 300 and an SVT IIP with a couple of 8x10's for larger rock gigs,
although for everyday stuff I use an 80's SVT III head and an Ampeg BSE 4x10 (saves my back :) )
[attachment=51474:DSC08947.JPG][/quote]

That's how it's done!! V. Jealous!

[quote name='Bison' post='857861' date='Jun 5 2010, 12:14 AM']I use an Ampeg SVT 300 and an SVT IIP with a couple of 8x10's for larger rock gigs,
although for everyday stuff I use an 80's SVT III head and an Ampeg BSE 4x10 (saves my back :) )
[attachment=51406:DSC08938.JPG][attachment=51474:DSC08947.JPG][/quote]
POW, right in the kisser.

[quote name='OldGit' post='860270' date='Jun 7 2010, 07:44 PM']Ooh! Your Peavey 300 BW is shinier than mine.
I can tell you that yours is a series one Combo 300 BW (that's the 1x15 Black Widow speaker). Made in the USA and possibly bought from the shop in Essex where Trace Elliot started. My orginal one was (in 84).
They are the dog's as far as I'm concerned for that kind of combo. Probably made around 84 or 85. After that they were face lifted, twice I think.

I paid £100 for the one I have now. It does look like it spent 10 years in a damp cellar - because it did. However it does have castors and big inset handles in the side to help limit the back damage. £20 for a bit of dry joint soldering and a swift overhaul and it's fine for my rawk and jam gigs.
It's a rag rig. Looks like poo, sounds great and, as you say, loud enough to deter marauding guitarists...[/quote]

aha!! many thanks! what a coincidence that I went lurking in this thread and found your reply from only yesterday! :)

currently it's sitting in my spare bedroom. I think I may be doing a straight swap for a Fretless Cort BF4L or thereabouts, since nobody local is interested. not that I've tried too hard :rolleyes:

[quote name='Chest Rockwell' post='861030' date='Jun 8 2010, 02:31 PM']aha!! many thanks! what a coincidence that I went lurking in this thread and found your reply from only yesterday! :)

currently it's sitting in my spare bedroom. I think I may be doing a straight swap for a Fretless Cort BF4L or thereabouts, since nobody local is interested. not that I've tried too hard :rolleyes:[/quote]

Where are you?

what's a shoot out?? :lol:

if it's a musical standoff, I just play the dots :) sounds interesting. Im the kind of pentatonic stoner-rock rambler :rolleyes: never been one for overt musicianship but never had a problem picking up a melody/riff/beat, while my more expert guitar counterparts often seem to be the ones who forget when to change, keep time or take forever to learn simple riffs!! I dunno!

/threadjack :lol:

[quote name='Chest Rockwell' post='861770' date='Jun 9 2010, 08:50 AM']what's a shoot out?? :lol:

if it's a musical standoff, I just play the dots :rolleyes: sounds interesting. Im the kind of pentatonic stoner-rock rambler :lol: never been one for overt musicianship but never had a problem picking up a melody/riff/beat, while my more expert guitar counterparts often seem to be the ones who forget when to change, keep time or take forever to learn simple riffs!! I dunno!

/threadjack :lol:[/quote]

Opps sorry thread.

Nah, you, me, the amps, practice studio. If yours sounds better than mine I'll buy it :)

Here's EHs new "rig" as it were. It comprises of a computer loaded with guitar rig 4, plus an old rig kontrol 2 bought of ebay recently. My amps stopped working so i thought hell this might hopefully be a bit more reliable and good for recording and that:

:)

hopefully i can get a decent rig some time in the future.

Edited by EdwardHimself

Not sure if i posted my old rig in here or not. but iv had a couple of changes so hear goes!!

the Ampeg SVT VR is a new addition along with Marcus Miller as well. those poor speakers have taken a battering for a year and a half + from my b2 re and i seriously thought they were going to die as soon as i plugged that 300 watt valve head in :rolleyes: but no..... they got louder! and oh man the sound! its the nicest rig ever :) haha well for me at least :lol:

Here's my current 'big rig'

Been wanting to try out Eden for a while and i'm so glad i've now had the chance as these amps really are something, and it's voice is definitely 'up my street' as it were. The eq on the amp is crazy, the knobs turn through about 30 clicks (as a guesstimate) and just a boost/cut of 2 or 3 makes a big and (imo) very musical difference to the sound. As for volume, it's something else.. the combo alone doesn't even break a sweat in a loud metal band, so with the 2x15 added i think this is going to be the perfect setup for my new dub project. Gassing for a WT550 now, but nonetheless very very happy! :)

here's my latest :

trace elliot v-type 1x15 combo + trace elliot 2103h 2x10 cab (with eminince beta 10's in it think the combo has had a speaker upgrade as well at some point) = nice :) and for good measure theres one of my ole ibby n hofner and my pedalboard as well

[attachment=52899:IMAG0022.jpg] [attachment=52900:IMAG0020.jpg] [attachment=52901:IMAG0021.jpg] [attachment=52902:IMAG0024.jpg]

[quote name='mr pablo' post='876129' date='Jun 24 2010, 08:57 AM']here's my latest :

trace elliot v-type 1x15 combo + trace elliot 2103h 2x10 cab (with eminince beta 10's in it think the combo has had a speaker upgrade as well at some point) = nice :) and for good measure theres one of my ole ibby n hofner and my pedalboard as well

[attachment=52899:IMAG0022.jpg] [attachment=52900:IMAG0020.jpg] [attachment=52901:IMAG0021.jpg] [attachment=52902:IMAG0024.jpg][/quote]
Epic win.

The V-Type has an Eminence Beta 15, th e2x10 Eminence Beta 10s. All my old gear!! Bet it soundsmint together - I never used the 2x10 with the V-Type.