Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Shockwave' post='483278' date='May 8 2009, 08:23 PM']We have 3 rats, a hamster, 1 crested gecko, 2 Tokay Geckos, 3 Giant madagascan Day geckos and a Royal Python :)[/quote]

Rats are so cool.

my new 'rig of doom'

2.1Kw output power from amps
1.7Kw power handing in speakers
1.1Kw actually being put into speakers

Hartke and Schroeder take care of the low end deffinition, mids and highs. The rest take care of the trouser flapping DOOM!! :)

[quote name='Spoombung' post='425153' date='Mar 4 2009, 04:11 PM']

I can't believe I've still got exactly the same gear as I had in 1985. It was old then! Still, [i]I thoroughly[/i] endorse H&H products - the finest bass amps ever made. Before that I had a Selmer Treble 'n'Bass valve amp which had more warmth and depth but didn't suit the Wal so much. Most modern amps sound rubbish to my ears.

I tried for years to find an engineer willing to extract the pre amp from the main amp head ... to no avail. It would have been really handy to take it in a little box with me when I was doing loads of foreign gigs in the 90's. If anybody knows someone who can do this let me know.[/quote]

I used to have a H|H Bass Baby in the late 1980s, used it with a massive 2x15 H|H cab. sounded - MASSIVE - I was playing in a metal band at the time using a Fender 62 re-issue Precision. The sound was great.

By the way, I know a man who can do your pre-amp for you. If you're interested let me know.

Man, lots of nice Rigs in here...

This is mine. Not so big, but in my Band we´re always using In Ear Monitoring, but as my personal Monitor (if needed) or in the Case that I play a Job as a Sub in another Band this Rig does its Job and sounds good to my Ears...

Edited by AREA

[quote name='V4lve' post='481073' date='May 6 2009, 03:25 PM']Poor mans rig. Tanglewood Rebel 5 through a BLE 100 into a Peavey T.B Raxx pre-amp, Classic Series 120 valve amp and BW cab. I like it.[/quote]

how's the classic amp ? any good ?

i like the....peavey-ness of your rig :)

• 2 weeks later...

So all the gear came out this morning. Some string changing etc. Always a good excuse to take a picture or two.
I've used the TC on 5 gigs now and loving it. Enough power for my needs and the sound is perfect for me. I'm starting to get into the presets now and the footswitch is a must for changing tone mid song. Also tuner reading is located on the footswitch as well as amp.

Tecamp have improved on the old 2x12 Tech S/S cabs I think. New drivers are used producing a smoother low end. I only ever us one cab on a gig so one of the 2x12 will live on the south coast for a while for another gigging project.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='494240' date='May 21 2009, 01:47 PM']I used to have a H|H Bass Baby in the late 1980s, used it with a massive 2x15 H|H cab. sounded - MASSIVE - I was playing in a metal band at the time using a Fender 62 re-issue Precision. The sound was great.

By the way, I know a man who can do your pre-amp for you. If you're interested let me know.[/quote]

I completely ruined my back carrying my HH 2x15 through a door and down a step - ended up stuck wedged in the door while my knees slowly buckled under the weight - I look back and smirk at the moronity, but my back gives me gip to this day (almost 20 years later!)...

So glad those cabs are for historical purposes only these days!

Bloody loud cab though :)

[quote name='whynot' post='512198' date='Jun 12 2009, 03:11 PM']So all the gear came out this morning. Some string changing etc. Always a good excuse to take a picture or two.
I've used the TC on 5 gigs now and loving it. Enough power for my needs and the sound is perfect for me. I'm starting to get into the presets now and the footswitch is a must for changing tone mid song. Also tuner reading is located on the footswitch as well as amp.

Tecamp have improved on the old 2x12 Tech S/S cabs I think. New drivers are used producing a smoother low end. I only ever us one cab on a gig so one of the 2x12 will live on the south coast for a while for another gigging project.

[/quote]Alan, that is a good looking, practical set up.

How do these Tecamp cabs sound compared to the Techsoundsystems cabs?

[quote name='steve-soar' post='512349' date='Jun 12 2009, 06:19 PM']How do these Tecamp cabs sound compared to the Techsoundsystems cabs?[/quote]
Can only really comment on the 2x12 cabs. I don't think there is much different going on inside in terms of construction (could be wrong). I spoke to Thomas before considering getting one and he confirmed he started using different drivers fron Jan 08. I had the 2x12 Tech before this and there is definately a warmer low end on the newer version (M212) but still retains that Tech clarity and punch.
The S212 on the left has the same drivers as M212 but probably due to the smaller dimensions is a little tighter, punchier and not so warm.
Tecamp are looking to go rear porting on most of their cabs in the near future including the M212 which is why I got both now. The S212 is no longer made with front porting. I just don't like rear porting.
I still have one Tech SS 4x10 which isn't going anywhere, and will continue to come out for the odd gig. That also pairs nicely with the TC.

New rig is born, gone are my MB 15's and in comes a Schroeder 410L for a tighter punchier sound I was missing. Hopefully a match made in heaven with the LM11, basses you've seen before.
I much prefer the old fashioned carpet covering to the Rhino finish, I think it looks better and lends itself to a more rattle free cab IMHO.

well it isn't half as impressive as some of your rigs, but i'm quite happy with it

first of all, my epi thunderbird, and my first bass, a stagg precision copy (it's equipped with seymour duncan quarter pounders)

I've also got an LTD B-155 and an Epiphone EB-3

and last but not least my Fender Precision (also equipped with seymour duncan quarter pounders)

and these go through an Ashdown Mag 300, Ashdown Mag Cabinet and London City Cabinet (the London City head gave up on life, was my first amp)

now that a fellow basschatter has taken my old 4x10 off my hands, here's the new setup

ampeg svp-pro >> samson 100W power amp (my soundtech's fans were too noisy for home, so the samson's a convection-only stealth alternative)>> workingmans 2x12 (with upgraded speakers) and an eden nemesis 1x15 with the tweeter defeated.

sounds fantastic...thick and warm with a nice bit of valvey/compressiony punch.

very compact too !

• 2 weeks later...

Have just put a new rig together on a budget.will put pics up in a few days.
Goes like this =
Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live QSC RMX1450 power amp Mesa Boogie 2x15 All in all pretty much covers me for most situations and all easily transportable but loud enough for anything!

Edited by TGEvans

It'll get a proper thread once I've finished it resplendent with pedals and all, but here you go for now :rolleyes: Not a good photo though :)

Roughly, it goes something like:
Shuker Elite 7 NT
Lehle P-Split splitter
(Side A ) My pedalboard -> Ampeg SVP-Pro
(Side B ) Aguilar Tonehammer
Side A and B each get a separate channel on the QSC PLX1202
Each channel on the QSC feeds a separate Schroeder 1212L

Edited by Finbar

[quote name='Finbar' post='528177' date='Jun 29 2009, 10:02 PM']It'll get a proper thread once I've finished it resplendent with pedals and all, but here you go for now :rolleyes: Not a good photo though :)

Roughly, it goes something like:
Shuker Elite 7 NT
Lehle P-Split splitter
(Side A ) My pedalboard -> Ampeg SVP-Pro
(Side B ) Aguilar Tonehammer
Side A and B each get a separate channel on the QSC PLX1202
Each channel on the QSC feeds a separate Schroeder 1212L[/quote]

I bet I could hear the rumble of that F# from my house :lol:

New Berg HT115 in the house :)

Strickly speaking this is Plux's rig (my eldest). But he never gets around to posting (far too busy playing) so I thought I'd share.

Got the HT115 off Birdy, and here is the full stack including the HT210, sounds fantastic!

Edited by 51m0n