Why become a member? ×

Join me for we have all failed

Linus27

[quote name='Linus27' post='942057' date='Sep 1 2010, 01:49 PM']For years I was happy but I have just recently been told that what ever I do or have done, it just won't sound as good as if I had an Ampeg SVT head. I now feel a failure, not only to myself but to all my fans who I have subjected them to the non Ampeg SVT tone. How they will ever forgive me. For years they surely were just listening to the bass as all music lovers do and I have clearly led them up the garden path with an inadequate non Ampeg SVT tone. I think its time now to bow out, ashamed and as a failure as a non Ampeg SVT playing bass player.

:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

So just who is this all seeing, all knowing audio sage that has led you out into the wilderness and told you that you were a :(
failure?

Balcro.

[quote name='Linus27' post='942057' date='Sep 1 2010, 01:49 PM']For years I was happy but I have just recently been told that what ever I do or have done, it just won't sound as good as if I had an Ampeg SVT head. I now feel a failure, not only to myself but to all my fans who I have subjected them to the non Ampeg SVT tone. How they will ever forgive me. For years they surely were just listening to the bass as all music lovers do and I have clearly led them up the garden path with an inadequate non Ampeg SVT tone. I think its time now to bow out, ashamed and as a failure as a non Ampeg SVT playing bass player.

:rolleyes: :lol: :o[/quote]

So just who is this all seeing, all knowing audio sage that has led you out into the wilderness and told you that you were a :)
failure?

Balcro.

[quote name='Sonic_Groove' post='942283' date='Sep 1 2010, 03:59 PM']Since "the enlightenment" I have burned all the records and CDs I had by artists who coned us by using none SVT amps.

I realised as a bass player there are a few of us that have previously been foolish enough to use Pods & the like to get the sound we want (I know there is one member here who only uses a Pod for amp duties!). Worry not a few of us are hard at work on the Dave tribute non solid-state SVT bass pod:

:)
B[/quote]

Now, where do I plug in again ?

[quote name='Balcro' post='943772' date='Sep 2 2010, 06:43 PM']So just who is this all seeing, all knowing audio sage that has led you out into the wilderness and told you that you were a :)
failure?

Balcro.[/quote]

You must check out this thread sir for all the answers you need. Pull up a glass of wine, sit back and enjoy :rolleyes:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=100953&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=100953&hl=[/url]

I have been up all night applying for credit cards and loans.

I need to get an SVT so badly I don't care if it ruins my credit score. I can't believe I have been so wrong for all these years.

Please Mr Mint card accept my application so I can stop playing bass with the lights off and ear plugs in.

[quote name='Linus27' post='944071' date='Sep 2 2010, 11:25 PM']You must check out this thread sir for all the answers you need. Pull up a glass of wine, sit back and enjoy :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=100953&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=100953&hl=[/url][/quote]

Oh, I tried, But after 3 pages the thread deteriorated into "mine is bigger than yours".

Never mind. Self-realisation means you have succeeded, not failed.

Balcro.