Why become a member? ×

Join me for we have all failed

Linus27

It's not been the same for a long time. I've struggled to overcome it and adapt but I just can't do it. For years I was happy but I have just recently been told that what ever I do or have done, it just won't sound as good as if I had an Ampeg SVT head. I now feel a failure, not only to myself but to all my fans who I have subjected them to the non Ampeg SVT tone. How they will ever forgive me. For years they surely were just listening to the bass as all music lovers do and I have clearly led them up the garden path with an inadequate non Ampeg SVT tone. I think its time now to bow out, ashamed and as a failure as a non Ampeg SVT playing bass player. I just hope others can find the strength to carry on with there rubbish sounding Traces, Ashdowns, Genz Benz, Mark Bass etc amps. Be strong boys, think of Blitey and I'll see you on the other side.

:) :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='Linus27' post='942057' date='Sep 1 2010, 01:49 PM']It's not been the same for a long time. I've struggled to overcome it and adapt but I just can't do it. For years I was happy but I have just recently been told that what ever I do or have done, it just won't sound as good as if I had an Ampeg SVT head. I now feel a failure, not only to myself but to all my fans who I have subjected them to the non Ampeg SVT tone. How they will ever forgive me. For years they surely were just listening to the bass as all music lovers do and I have clearly led them up the garden path with an inadequate non Ampeg SVT tone. I think its time now to bow out, ashamed and as a failure as a non Ampeg SVT playing bass player. I just hope others can find the strength to carry on with there rubbish sounding Traces, Ashdowns, Genz Benz, Mark Bass etc amps. Be strong boys, think of Blitey and I'll see you on the other side.

:) :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]
Aye, we're all doooomed, I tell ya!!! :o

You'll all be laughing on the otherside of your faces after the Nuclear War breaks out.

Your puny ICs and Transistors will all be fried and only those with all valve heads will still be able to make noise. They'll be unable to play due to horrendous radistion burns and sickness, but at least they'll be secure in the knowledge that their amp heads still work.

Valves: Why settle for anything [s]less[/s] different?

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='942146' date='Sep 1 2010, 02:31 PM']I have written SVT in tipp-ex on my GK head, that should work...[/quote]

You've done what! Wanton vandalism. Anyway it'll make no difference in this neck of the woods, bumpkin yokel types don't even know their alphabet. Waste of good CORRECTION FLUID. :) :rolleyes: :lol:

I've just filled my yawny boring old Eden with heaps of lead shot and some 25 watt candle bulbs - they sort of look like valves, and I've now got the weight right up there. The change in tone is staggering. As are the smoke and sparks pouring from the top vents. Just needs some cardboard to change the outline, a fire extinguisher and then we're done.

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='942209' date='Sep 1 2010, 03:10 PM']I've just filled my yawny boring old Eden with heaps of lead shot and some 25 watt candle bulbs - they sort of look like valves, and I've now got the weight right up there. The change in tone is staggering. As are the smoke and sparks pouring from the top vents. Just needs some cardboard to change the outline, a fire extinguisher and then we're done.[/quote]

Good effort. You are clearly a trailblazer in these difficult times :)

[quote name='Marvin' post='942182' date='Sep 1 2010, 02:51 PM']You've done what! Wanton vandalism. Anyway it'll make no difference in this neck of the woods, bumpkin yokel types don't even know their alphabet. Waste of good CORRECTION FLUID. :) :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]

So stretching my dirty old grey shirts over the cabs and sticking ammonites on them was also a dumb thing to do?

Wow! FIVE threads on the go - maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan are you ALL bored today? ha ha ha ha!!! Tell ya what, if I needed to advertise a product or service - I'm going with Dave's *method!!

*except for alienating myself completely and diluting any creedance to my opinions in one post. lolz

[quote name='dood' post='942259' date='Sep 1 2010, 03:41 PM']Wow! FIVE threads on the go - maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan are you ALL bored today? ha ha ha ha!!! Tell ya what, if I needed to advertise a product or service - I'm going with Dave's *method!!

*except for alienating myself completely and diluting any creedance to my opinions in one post. lolz[/quote]

Don't be silly now, Dave is right, and we are all wrong, he told us in the first post of the other thread :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='942057' date='Sep 1 2010, 01:49 PM']It's not been the same for a long time. I've struggled to overcome it and adapt but I just can't do it. For years I was happy but I have just recently been told that what ever I do or have done, it just won't sound as good as if I had an Ampeg SVT head. I now feel a failure, not only to myself but to all my fans who I have subjected them to the non Ampeg SVT tone. How they will ever forgive me. For years they surely were just listening to the bass as all music lovers do and I have clearly led them up the garden path with an inadequate non Ampeg SVT tone. I think its time now to bow out, ashamed and as a failure as a non Ampeg SVT playing bass player. I just hope others can find the strength to carry on with there rubbish sounding Traces, Ashdowns, Genz Benz, Mark Bass etc amps. Be strong boys, think of Blitey and I'll see you on the other side.

:) :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]

Since "the enlightenment" I have burned all the records and CDs I had by artists who coned us by using none SVT amps.

I realised as a bass player there are a few of us that have previously been foolish enough to use Pods & the like to get the sound we want (I know there is one member here who only uses a Pod for amp duties!). Worry not a few of us are hard at work on the Dave tribute non solid-state SVT bass pod:

:o
B