Why become a member? ×

Band Practice Nights.

Marvin

Monday's the begining of the week so that's out. Friday could be a gig, same goes for Saturday (but then again so could a lot of nights :) but generally you know :rolleyes: ) and Sunday, well it's Sunday, I never do much on a Sunday.

So that leaves Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday for me, well if I was in a band at the mo :o .

EDIT: you can choose more than one night, it's not scientific and I'm not using it for research. :lol:

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='935364' date='Aug 24 2010, 09:21 PM']I don't think anyone's ever posted a Basschat poll without someone complaining! What about those of us who practice as & when due to gigs, shift work, family, own businesses etc?[/quote]

Darn it forgot about that. I have modified the poll with an 'as and when option'.

Monday and Tuesday.

Two different bands, although we don't practice very often in the tuesday band.

I just wish the Monday band would turn down a bit. We rehearse everything at full-on gig volume. All originals. So I get a "Here is my new song" and then I try my hardest to hear what the hell he's playing, and whether I'm playing in the right key or not, and generally I get it ass about face.

Really not good for tightening up.

Damn Guitards!

Right then so far, some credit card bills and a rubber corset. Hmmmm.

Clarky, what size is the rubber corset? :rolleyes:

Wednesdays are quite popular. I always thought everybody practiced on a Thursday because it can get quite quiet on a Thursday evening around here. :)

Normally a Tuesday or Thursday depending if I am nightshift or not. Works out quite well cause I only ever do two nightshifts in a row so if I am nights on Tuesday I am definitely off on the Thursday and vice versa. Also I have 5 a sides on a Wed and the drummer has a bike club during summer on Wed too if he can be arsed.

I generally prefer 10.00am on a Sunday but often the lads prefer 3 - 4pm on a Sunday and on the subject of houses left empty; don't worry the dogs won't bite you when you come in... but they'll rip your arm out of the cufking socket on the way out! :)

Rehearsals are always a laugh for us so it isn't a chore when we do have to get together but I'd not be impressed if anyone were to suggest a Friday or a Saturday evening (assuming we aren't gigging).

Last band I was in was usually a midweek, previous one to that was always Saturday morning (unless we had a gig). The current one never seem to rehearse as a full unit, everyone too busy with other bands and stuff. However, we haven't gigged for nearly 6 weeks and have 5 coming up close together from this Sat so amazingly we are actually getting together tonight. Now I've just found out one of the band is bringing in a singer with them so we'll get naff all done expect! :)

literally when we can ..the studios need to be available and that isn't a given at all. And getting everyone together is fraught as well.
Mostly, tho, stuff comes together pretty quickly and we'll gig a song after one rehearsal if it hits the spot and people have done their homework.

We have probably chalked up more gigs than rehearsals though in the 12 months we have been going...