Why become a member? ×

Bass Day UK 2010, Who is going?

stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='933914' date='Aug 23 2010, 05:19 PM']NO NO Dont get me wrong people I own 2 MM basses! nowt wrong with a bit of slap just not 15-20 people at a time all in a different key and tempo![/quote]

Not paying attention to you, Pete...too busy staring at your avatar.

I went last year, and will most definitely be going this year...with a cash fund should anything take my fancy :)

Last year was a blast - found myself talking to the legendary pairing of John East and Martin Sims. Was blown away by the fantastic craftmanship of the Enfield bass, but had distinct reservations over the fugly "Super 8" PuP...and of course the price!

I'm definitely going to be there seen as my accommodation is less than 30 seconds away from the door & i start to study at RNCM next month :)

I always really enjoy it, i've been to the last 2. Really glad the slapfest is going to be addressed though, i thought my head was going to explode at the last one.

Also, i really hope Yolanda doesn't plant herself right outside the main arena though like last year. It was really really off putting during the main performances q&a when all you could hear was her in the background slapping away.

Haven't missed one yet but I'm humming and ha'ing about this year's show. Trouble is it's moved to October and I have a wedding gig in Blair Atholl the night before so I'll not get back to Edinburgh till after 3am. We usually leave here around 7 to get to manchester and my mate's blind so I have to do all the driving. :) Still it would be a shame to miss it, I really like catching up with folks.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='934120' date='Aug 23 2010, 08:14 PM']I'm going to be there. I'm taking two fingers for my ears, just in case.

I'm going to have a couple of pints.[/quote]

i'll be taking a decent pair of earplugs for wandering round the trade stands :rolleyes:

Me and a few others from Salford are gonna wander down and see whats going off :)

'Been to a couple - being based in Manchester, it's easy - but last year finished it for me. A fairly pedestrian affair IMO with cacophonous and largely artless slap from start to finish. The only high points for me were Bell (a drummer!) and seeing BC's 4000 (unusual but brilliant and intense technique) and a few other BC friends

I've consulted my diary and I seem to be busy on the date on the event. Please do pass on my best to the organisers and my apologies for not being able to make it this year. It's just that I've penciled in making placards for ThisNameIsTaken's demo against Jedward arrive on his patch.

Edited by Marvin

OK then people now we are all agreed that they need to sort the slappers out how would [b]you[/b] do it?
I was thinking about timed slots where they pass a batton or something comical ,whatever to each stand and only if you have the batton can you power up amps for demo's.Everyone gets a fair crack of the whip and can actually hear their own gear?