Why become a member? ×

Bass Day UK 2010, Who is going?

stingrayPete1977

Have you heard it! You would need to encase each stand entirely and the way the sound travels around is mad it makes you feel a bit sick after a while and talk about headache! Maybe if it was seperate rooms like school classrooms for each stand along one corridor? And the open area just as sales pitch with no noise at all? We had no problem once in the hall for the performances as someone said they could hear Yolanda Charles boogying but we were near the front rather than the top by the doors.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='935288' date='Aug 24 2010, 08:28 PM']Have you heard it! You would need to encase each stand entirely and the way the sound travels around is mad it makes you feel a bit sick after a while and talk about headache! Maybe if it was seperate rooms like school classrooms for each stand along one corridor? And the open area just as sales pitch with no noise at all? We had no problem once in the hall for the performances as someone said they could hear Yolanda Charles boogying but we were near the front rather than the top by the doors.[/quote]

My only other suggestion (might sound a bit crazy this one), get everyone to turn it down a bit?

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='935347' date='Aug 24 2010, 09:07 PM']My only other suggestion (might sound a bit crazy this one), get everyone to turn it down a bit?[/quote]

Wouldn't work because that means one person is going to turn up a bit to hear themselves over the person next to them. Meaning the the next guy has to turn up a little more to hear over them. And then the next one then so on and so forth. Then the EBS stand will be turned up to over power everyone else and pierce eardrums with all the treble. :)

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='935375' date='Aug 24 2010, 09:26 PM']Then the EBS stand will be turned up to over power everyone else and pierce eardrums with all the treble.[/quote]

That is true, the EBS/GB Guitars stand has been the loudest since the first Bass Day; Janek Gwizdala actually told them to pipe down at the start of his set at BD 2006 (it was at Life Cafe on Peter Street that year).
I love the GB basses, but their stand generally causes the most kerfuffle. I'm ashamed to say that after a few pints last year, I played the bass with the Blue Rumour with the disco L.E.D.s, and i....PLAYED SOME SLAP! Oh the shame! I can't recall if it was any good or not, I walked away quickly...

This year, I very much doubt i'll be playing.