Why become a member? ×

Bass Day UK 2010, Who is going?

stingrayPete1977

Who at Bass Chat is going to Bassday UK 2010 then? We have been for the last couple of years but cant decide if to go or not as everytime I get a headache from all the none stop slapping all day even when acts are on the boom stage by the coffee lounge (Disrespectful Markbass staff mostly! :) ).
On the other hand we have seen some awsome things that I would never have gone to otherwise,ie Richard Bona (OMG!) TM Stevens,Yolanda Charles,Nathan East etc etc etc which just as a small list off the top of my head and as bassists you will agree to see these musicians in a small and very well equipped purpose built venue is not to be missed,But all that slapping and I like slap so those of you that dont I cant even imagine what its like!

[url="http://www.bassday.co.uk/index.html"]http://www.bassday.co.uk/index.html[/url]

Your thoughts please?

Edited by stingrayPete1977

Thats just it! Im sure I will be there but its just a shame about the noise,Maybe spend more time in the refractory between sets in the main hall and give dirty looks to the slapping Markbass guys whilst trying to watch the Boom stage! That Dave wotsit with the MM basses was good last year but slight undertone of Markbass again in the background.

I missed it last year, but intend to this time !

Didn't get to see any performances in 2008 as I was stuck on the Bass Direct stand whilst ped swanned off for a couple of hours, leaving just me with a dozen custom basses and high end amps, what a pain that was.

[quote]Thats just it! Im sure I will be there but its just a shame about the noise,Maybe spend more time in the refractory between sets in the main hall and give dirty looks to the slapping Markbass guys whilst trying to watch the Boom stage! That Dave wotsit with the MM basses was good last year but slight undertone of Markbass again in the background.[/quote]

Ha! I didn't go last year, but this year the Markbass and the boom stage are on different floors, thank god! But please everyone don't be put off, still give dirty looks to the slapping Markbass guys lol.

Which artists were there last year?

Machines-Did you hear what the people were saying as they came out from the Bona performance? It had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up and such a great speaker,Fantastic!

I cant find a link for the 09 day as it automatically updates to this year, Adam Nitti was one of the main guys last year,Yolanda was back but only doing a little demo thing up the top (Again with slapping in the background!)2008 was defo better but still good ,Adrian Fereud is it he was there...erm....have a google and see.

[quote]I was thinking of attending this event (flying all over from Lithuania), but, Bailey, Sheehan and Hamm? Sorry, those three doesn't grab me at all...[/quote]

Really, who do you think would tempt you to go? For me, if Michael Manring was attending it would be perfect. By the way if you click on links there are loads more bassists there.

I sent Stevie W an email last year trying to bribe some of his freebies that get thrown out as it was my birthday but got nowt! Its worth going for the trade stands too as well as the music where alse can you get up close to all that gear without thousands of others trying to do the same?

JTUK do you only ever leave London if its for a social event,im not sure what you meen?

[quote name='goblin' post='932942' date='Aug 22 2010, 06:25 PM']I'm going to go and have a look. Teacher goes every year and he's suggested I come along, and as it's a 20 minute drive for me I may as well :)[/quote]
Yes you should defo go if your that close,If I had known how good Richard Bona was going to be I would happily of driven to the top of Scotland no doubt about it!

This year I might just wear my docs pro plugs all day! :rolleyes:

[quote name='michael-faces' post='932911' date='Aug 22 2010, 07:44 PM']Really, who do you think would tempt you to go? For me, if Michael Manring was attending it would be perfect. By the way if you click on links there are loads more bassists there.[/quote]

I would kill for a chance to see J Gwizdala live (hope I found his music a few years earlier, he was at 2008 Bday, right..), but I'll be seeing him next year during his new album tour, so he can wait..

I've seen other cats, but none of them somehow caught my attention, actually I dont even know most of 'em..

I'll be attending ACG (or is it called Moffat?) Bass Bash this year (or maybe early next year..) so I'll just pass this Bday, ok..

[quote name='michael-faces' post='932864' date='Aug 22 2010, 04:52 PM']Which artists were there last year?[/quote]

Randy Hope Taylor,Adam Nitti,Nathan East,Poogie Bell Band.

[quote name='Faithless' post='932954' date='Aug 22 2010, 06:35 PM']I would kill for a chance to see J Gwizdala live (hope I found his music a few years earlier, he was at 2008 Bday, right..), but I'll be seeing him next year during his new album tour, so he can wait..[/quote]

Janeks set at Bass Day '08 was just killing. Him and Richard Bona blew everyone else away for my money-which is saying something,because it was a great line up that year.

I've got a gig this year so can't make it,which is a shame.

[quote name='Gary' post='933586' date='Aug 23 2010, 01:12 PM']Hi All

This year looks set to be another great year.

Matt Garrison is on the cards just trying to finalise the details.
The noise issue should have been resolved this year as it was a problem last year and has been addressed.[/quote]

(Y) If Garrison is there i'll cancel whatever gig i have to in order to see him play :)