Why become a member? ×

MM Roasted Necks

martthebass

Before we jump just on the EB approach, let me tell you from recent 'emails' and discussions with a different (NOT EBMM) very highly respected maker in the US, im shocked and appalled at their rudeness.

I wont go destroying their credibility on here, as I doubt anyone would actually believe me. Im a little shocked about it myself.

I got the feeling the brand 'name' has extended so far to actually lead to sheer arrogance.

On the other hand, after dealing with S&T (EBMM UK) Im more than impressed with the help we get. I have emailed the customer service team for EB in the US, and they have always helped me out. I received two parts for my old Rays for free (despite the fact they were nearly 10 years old). Yes, we are only talking minor replaceable parts that cost very very little, but it was a positive experience.

In addition, Ive been discussing problems Ive had with Lakland basses with the company directly, and they have been MORE than helpful in getting me the bass that I want.

I dont really have brand loyalty to any maker of basses or amps/cabs, but If I get a positive or negative experience, ill post it! More so if it is positive.

Edited by Musicman20

I'm not going to lock this thread for now, but will request that members here do not cause disruption on the EB forum as the last thing we want is to be labelled as a forum of troublemakers. The topic should remain factual and avoid personal attacks.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='929428' date='Aug 19 2010, 09:42 AM']Before we jump just on the EB approach, let me tell you from recent 'emails' and discussions with a very highly respected maker in the US, im shocked and appalled at their rudeness.

I wont go destroying their credibility on here, as I doubt anyone would actually believe me. Im a little shocked about it myself.

I got the feeling the brand 'name' has extended so far to actually lead to sheer arrogance.[/quote]

I think it would be actually useful for you to tell us your story, would you want anyone else here falling foul of whichever company this is?

[quote name='Machines' post='929447' date='Aug 19 2010, 09:59 AM']I'm not going to lock this thread for now, but will request that members here do not cause disruption on the EB forum as the last thing we want is to be labelled as a forum of troublemakers. The topic should remain factual and avoid personal attacks.[/quote]
Good call.

Hmm dunno about that [i]roasted neck [/i]thingy. Airless burning of wood produces charcoal, airless burning of coal produces coke. Both hard but brittle. I dont think asking to see the tech specs for production and testing is asking too much. Have they even considered the long term of the effect. Maybe 4 years down the line they all snap under normal string pressure on the neck?

by the way, who is BP?

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' post='930157' date='Aug 19 2010, 06:41 PM']Hmm dunno about that [i]roasted neck [/i]thingy. Airless burning of wood produces charcoal, airless burning of coal produces coke. Both hard but brittle. I dont think asking to see the tech specs for production and testing is asking too much. Have they even considered the long term of the effect. Maybe 4 years down the line they all snap under normal string pressure on the neck?

by the way, who is BP?[/quote]
Bullshitting Pratt

[quote name='Machines' post='929447' date='Aug 19 2010, 09:59 AM']I'm not going to lock this thread for now, but will request that members here do not cause disruption on the EB forum as the last thing we want is to be labelled as a forum of troublemakers. The topic should remain factual and avoid personal attacks.[/quote]
Promise Guv I wont :) ......................Oh Im banned :rolleyes:

[quote name='Bassassin' post='929693' date='Aug 19 2010, 12:52 PM']As long as we can still have lame puns on already-silly names.

Sterling Scrotum.

J.[/quote]
BP = Blatantly Perverse
BP = Born Phsycotic
BP = Bad Person
BP = Basically Pathetic

BP = spoilt git....scuse the spelling :)

[quote name='Starless' post='925285' date='Aug 14 2010, 04:46 PM']Being US moderated doesn't help in these places either. Irony, Sarc, tongue-in-cheek just don't seem to register on that side of the pond quite the same way it would on this side...[/quote]
I resent that, there are literally hundreds of us here in America™ who are well tuned to sarcasm and irony. We do frown on the tongues in cheek thing as Jesus specifically forbids that in the Bible.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='929428' date='Aug 19 2010, 01:42 AM']Before we jump just on the EB approach, let me tell you from recent 'emails' and discussions with a different (NOT EBMM) very highly respected maker in the US, im shocked and appalled at their rudeness.

I wont go destroying their credibility on here, as I doubt anyone would actually believe me. Im a little shocked about it myself.[/quote]
Are the initials KS?

[quote name='Johnston' post='931908' date='Aug 21 2010, 06:03 AM']I'll send ya a leprechaun or a shillelagh as compensation, I know you Americans love all that stuff :) :rolleyes:[/quote]
Unfortunately were having a big stink about immigration right now and I don't think the leprechaun will get through customs. The other ones a stick right? That would be a weapon, can't get those either. Do you have any more rock bands?

Thanks.

[quote name='Johnston' post='931913' date='Aug 21 2010, 06:11 AM']Which nicely brings us back on topic as a roasted neck looks likes a pint of Guinness settling :rolleyes:[/quote]
If you insist.

According to what I read on the Sadowsky site the magic fire changes the composition of the neck to make it more stable in regards to moisture. I could come up with a hypothetical about cellulose melting slightly but not burning and sealing pores or something so it could have some shred of truth under that giant heap of BS. There's some stuff called PEG that woodturners use on green wood that replaces the water (I think) and makes wood stable without drying it.

I'll have to pass on the Bono offer, thanks :) It could lead to liability issues and then my lawyers will turn on me, they're like that.

Edited by Vibrating G String

[quote name='Vibrating G String' post='931924' date='Aug 21 2010, 02:21 PM']If you insist.

According to what I read on the Sadowsky site the magic fire changes the composition of the neck to make it more stable in regards to moisture. I could come up with a hypothetical about cellulose melting slightly but not burning and sealing pores or something so it could have some shred of truth under that giant heap of BS. There's some stuff called PEG that woodturners use on green wood that replaces the water (I think) and makes wood stable without drying it.

I'll have to pass on the Bono offer, thanks :rolleyes: It could lead to liability issues and then my lawyers will turn on me, they're like that.[/quote]

MB1. :lol:
...Theres some stuff called PEG?...are Steely Dan aware of this? :)