Why become a member? ×

MM Roasted Necks

martthebass

I expect they probably have seen it. Much as it pains me as the frenzied sycophancy genuinely disturbs me I'm reminded of Steve Irwin and the stingray (oh the irony!) and I can't help but think in the good name of basschat that maybe we should leave the ray unpoked and let the nutters carry on being nutters in their own backyard.
Last thing we need is a forum war, nothing good can come from it surely?

Wow, I'm getting old and boring!

Edited by gafbass02

It's put me off buying new from them (although I'm sure the UK distributor is cool) I don't even want to own sterling bass I could get cheap now.

It would probably be best to lock this thread before it escalates further.

Sterling and his legion are going to continue their sycophancy until they explode, and we will all continue to be appualled, neither side gaining anything.

There's no point going over to poke the wasp's nest and then whining when they show up pissed off with you. Leave them crazy people be, I say, at least they seem to be largely self-contained over there, even if it is fun to have a quick peek at the mentallers from time to time. Honestly, the "take a bullet" line... FFS let's not bring that to basschat, please.

It raises and interesting issue though. Given how much forums like this are now responsible for instrument reputation and, arguably as a result, sales, I'd be amazed if some companies don't have someone somewhere on forums all the time asking about weak G string output on MusicMans or poking at Fender build quality, for example. The internet is a great place for baseless and outlandish claims which quite frequently are taken as gospel and, let's be honest, something which photographs well will always generate more interest from the masses no matter what it's non-aesthetic features entail. That being said it's just a surprise when the head of the company is capable and seems to revel in generating such bad publicity.

Edited by Doctor J

It amazes me how many people on that forum just blindly accepted that this process was a good thing to do to a neck and were enthusing about buying one without even seeing one in the flesh - let alone trying one. They must be either stinking rich / blindly loyal / stupid or all three.

Edited by WHUFC BASS

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='928199' date='Aug 17 2010, 11:36 PM']Afraid it was the usual whitewash, the whole lot was "ethnically cleansed" and Tino got banned: all evidence removed, in true American cover up style. Can't say I didn't see that coming though, I knew it was a futile attempt to rock their boat.[/quote]

I feel as though I may have to bring a case against Mr Ball the younger.....is it not identity theft..... :)
I may well burn my EB in protest..No dont be hasty ......sell it for a profit is better.

No I shall just keep it and bear in mind not to invite him to my parties

Funnily enough it does put me off owning one, and did temper my enjoyment when I did, silly as it sounds! And I DEF would never buy one new entirely because of that forum and BP and his frenzied masses attitude(s) I'm sure he won't bat an eyelid, but I do sorta hope that one voice becomes many in that respect.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='928397' date='Aug 18 2010, 10:00 AM']It amazes me how many people on that forum just blindly accepted that this process was a good thing to do to a neck and were enthusing about buying one without even seeing one in the flesh - let alone trying one. They must be either stinking rich / blindly loyal / stupid or all three.[/quote]
I think 2 and 3 can be scientifically proven as applicable to the followers whereas 1 can readily be applied to BP......could this be the same BP that has just devastated the US coastal ecology :)

Nearly forgot to mention.....I shall be selling extra lightweight and totally see through necks,sorry but these are available only as fretless and will not be supplied with tuners or nutt .
They sound superb and are a great improvement on my last venture,I feel that I should at this point apologise to all of you that bought the previous model,but please remember it was the postal service that lost them,all 398 of them.
The new C-Frew neck PAF and registered with several military Dictatorships will be sent UK for an all inclusive price of £420......Sorry but this will only apply to the first 250 units.
At which point the price MUST increase to £495 & postage,this just about covers production plus my usual 855% mark up

Please be assured these necks will take roasting to another level,in fact in an experiment carried out earlier today we used a plasma cutter on the prototype and there were no signs of damage at all.....................AMAZING or WHAT....

Cash sales will receive a further £20 discount

Thanks & love & Peace to one & all

Tino

[quote name='tino' post='928859' date='Aug 18 2010, 05:56 PM']I think 2 and 3 can be scientifically proven as applicable to the followers whereas 1 can readily be applied to BP......could this be the same BP that has just devastated the US coastal ecology :)

Nearly forgot to mention.....I shall be selling extra lightweight and totally see through necks,sorry but these are available only as fretless and will not be supplied with tuners or nutt .
They sound superb and are a great improvement on my last venture,I feel that I should at this point apologise to all of you that bought the previous model,but please remember it was the postal service that lost them,all 398 of them.
The new C-Frew neck PAF and registered with several military Dictatorships will be sent UK for an all inclusive price of £420......Sorry but this will only apply to the first 250 units.
At which point the price MUST increase to £495 & postage,this just about covers production plus my usual 855% mark up

Please be assured these necks will take roasting to another level,in fact in an experiment carried out earlier today we used a plasma cutter on the prototype and there were no signs of damage at all.....................AMAZING or WHAT....

Tino[/quote]

Where do I sign?

[quote name='tino' post='928859' date='Aug 18 2010, 05:56 PM']I think 2 and 3 can be scientifically proven as applicable to the followers whereas 1 can readily be applied to BP......could this be the same BP that has just devastated the US coastal ecology :)

Tino[/quote]

I can't wait to get one, it's guaranteed to be wonderful if you've designed it. And the picture at the end of your post looks great although without nut and tuners it's difficult to tell where it is exactly.

[quote name='Fat Rich' post='928882' date='Aug 18 2010, 06:15 PM']I can't wait to get one, it's guaranteed to be wonderful if you've designed it. And the picture at the end of your post looks great although without nut and tuners it's difficult to tell where it is exactly.[/quote]
"Cant wait to get one I propose constitutes a form of verbal agreement"...as such my parts manager Maurice who also happens to be a Phsycic Phenomenom has posted the First off the very very top secret invisimaker preformer machine direct to you at the address that popped into his head on reading your comment....
YOU WILL LOVE IT........GUARUNTEED..!!!!

Please send cash in a flash to

Tino
No1 Pikey Villas
Darn La Layen
WalFam Abbey
SX

[quote name='Doctor J' post='928355' date='Aug 18 2010, 09:08 AM']There's no point going over to poke the wasp's nest and then whining when they show up pissed off with you. Leave them crazy people be, I say, at least they seem to be largely self-contained over there, even if it is fun to have a quick peek at the mentallers from time to time. Honestly, the "take a bullet" line... FFS let's not bring that to basschat, please.

It raises and interesting issue though. Given how much forums like this are now responsible for instrument reputation and, arguably as a result, sales, [b]I'd be amazed if some companies don't have someone somewhere on forums[/b] all the time asking about weak G string output on MusicMans or poking at Fender build quality, for example. The internet is a great place for baseless and outlandish claims which quite frequently are taken as gospel and, let's be honest, something which photographs well will always generate more interest from the masses no matter what it's non-aesthetic features entail. That being said it's just a surprise when the head of the company is capable and seems to revel in generating such bad publicity.[/quote]

I'd be amazed as well.

There's one member here who posts exclusively about a certain brand (always how great they are or explicitly recommending them to others), and occasionally rubbishing the competition. Sometimes he proffers inside info on a forthcoming product because he just so happens to have been in contact with the manufacturer recently.

No real proof of course, so I won't be naming and shaming, but I'll remain deeply suspicious until he posts about something (anything!) other than this one brand.

I do have 3 MusicMan, but they are outnumbered by: 2 x PRS's, 3 x Squier's, 1 Fender, and the latest a Dingwall ABZ 5'er which I just got 2 days ago, thats' 7 non EBMM basses, I do like 'em but I wouldn't class myself as that much of a brand loyal, nothing wrong with them, I just like others too. :)