Why become a member? ×

is it just me

RockfordStone

[quote name='RockfordStone' post='921102' date='Aug 10 2010, 10:58 PM']or is it really annoying when you try to keep your basses in good condition, and you find that you have acquired some new dents/dings.

i sat down to find that my bass has acquired 3 new impact dings..... i wouldnt mind but ive not touched the thing in 2 weeks....

annoying to say the least[/quote]
I used to feel the same, but when I got to the three dings mark I adopted noel's approach and haven't looked back since! :)

Edit: It was probably around the same time that I decided that buying used was a much better idea than buying new.

Edited by Musky

[quote name='ahpook' post='921349' date='Aug 11 2010, 10:29 AM']to me basses are tools, and tools get the odd battle scar.

so it goes.[/quote]
Yep, gotta expect it - and I think Fenders look better with some genuine battle-scars anyway.

Dunno how I`d feel if I was a Rickenbacker/Status/Warwick owner tho.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='921364' date='Aug 11 2010, 10:39 AM']Dunno how I`d feel if I was a Rickenbacker/Status/Warwick owner tho.[/quote]

my corvette $$ has picked up a few scars since i bought it...it had a few to start with, but they don't bother me.

the dinks came from playing, which is what basses are for so rock on !