Why become a member? ×

Guy Pratt and his stack-knob Jazz

99ster

[quote name='E sharp' post='913444' date='Aug 3 2010, 06:47 AM']If you've still got it on tape/hard disc/digi box , or whatever , have a look again - it was him .

I didn't think so at first , but the few shots you got of him confirmed it - just a bit more weight than his previous photos show :)

I might be proved wrong , but I'm pretty sure .[/quote]

E Sharp. Have you had an eye test recently? :rolleyes: :lol: That aint Mr Pratt, that`s the guy who plays bass with Robbie Williams. I would reconise that black P bass anywhere. If it`s Guy, he wearing a fat suit!!

I got his name, it`s Jerry Meehan.

Jez Cleuso

[quote name='Chris2112' post='914178' date='Aug 3 2010, 07:25 PM']I always thought the "stack knob" configuration on those jazz basses was a good idea, surprised it didn't catch on![/quote]

If i ever buy another Jazz, it will be a Stacker. I really do prefer them.

I think Wes Finn will make my next bass though. A Stacker is 1 of 2 options.

In fact, i've just finished spec'ing out a Jazz-a-like fretless for a company with aVol/Vol/Tone/Tone configuration...I reckon the prototype is mine anyhow.

Guys, I have checked my dvd copy of the Roxy performance and it deffo aint Guy. Here is a photo of Jerry.

[attachment=55677:Jerry_Meehan1.jpg]

Exhibit A M`Laud.

Same bass, same hairdoo but he does look like Guy. But it`s no.

Jez

[quote name='douggie' post='914501' date='Aug 4 2010, 12:53 AM']hello everyone...Aren't you nice...Apart from all sharing that one book!

I'm not playing for Roxy because I upset Bryan by smashing a Bass on the last night of his 2007 tour in New Zealand..
Cheers[/quote]
NZ does tend to have that effect though. It's the isolation you know.

[quote name='douggie' post='914501' date='Aug 4 2010, 01:53 AM']hello everyone...Aren't you nice...Apart from all sharing that one book!

I'm not playing for Roxy because I upset Bryan by smashing a Bass on the last night of his 2007 tour in New Zealand..
Cheers[/quote]
good god, is that really you Guy?? even if not you played for roxy?

were not worthy!

what did you smash? and why? (wish you'd done it over Frerrys very large head btw Ha ha!!)

oh go on tell us!!

[quote name='douggie' post='914501' date='Aug 4 2010, 01:53 AM']hello everyone...Aren't you nice...Apart from all sharing that one book!

Cheers[/quote]
See? I told ye there'd be grief with the Ferryman! Better off outta that, mate. Cya on the 22nd!

[quote name='douggie' post='914501' date='Aug 4 2010, 12:53 AM']hello everyone...Aren't you nice...Apart from all sharing that one book!

Cheers[/quote]

that looks like guy haha!
would be nice if you'd stick around... for some QnA, in example...eh...????

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='914313' date='Aug 3 2010, 09:27 PM']Guys, I have checked my dvd copy of the Roxy performance and it deffo aint Guy. Here is a photo of Jerry.

[attachment=55677:Jerry_Meehan1.jpg]

Exhibit A M`Laud.

Same bass, same hairdoo but he does look like Guy. But it`s no.

Jez[/quote]

Im gettin my money back on that eye test!

Lot of time for Guy - anyone that close to Robert Palmer was always going to get some serious kudos from myself, being a local lad and all!

Robert Palmer, interestingly, also a BC Rich player. I remember Mal Stitch posting some old shots of Rob visiting the woodshop to collect a handmade Bich.

I suspect half of us here are the hand-watching bass nerds he mentions in his book, mind :)

Having not read Guy's book on the boards here I can safely stay on my high-horse.......
I just hope Tony Levin doesn't find out I read a borrowed copy of Beyond The Bass-Clef :)

I never got on with my stacker I have to say, If I'd kept it, I would have taken it back to Vol/Vol/Tone....but then I sold it!

Si

Cheers[/quote]

Ah ha!! If this is Guy and the above statement is true, why are you on the Story of Roxy Music released in 2009, saying you are the bass player in Roxy?

See us, we`re no daft!! This aint Talkbass ya know!! :wacko: :wacko:

Just in case it is you, I bought your book and have not leant it to a soul. Yes I am a crawler

Jez

Edited by jezzaboy

Can I please be the second to crawl after Jez?

I met Rafa Benitez in rather pissed form and ended up putting him in a headlock (it was my stag do - we thought he was a waiter); thus I feel the next famous person I meet should have a bit more dignity.

/Crawl.

Cheers[/quote]
dont think he will be on again(if that is him?)imagine the amount of pm's his getting :)
great musican!

Edited by danbowskill

[quote name='cocco' post='915313' date='Aug 4 2010, 07:58 PM']Don't worry guy. I got 3 copies of your book for Christmas last year. Having already bought it myself :)[/quote]

Cocco, I bow down at your feet. You have taken crawling to a higher level (or lower level) than I could ever hope to reach :rolleyes:

Jez

Edited by jezzaboy