Why become a member? ×

ROQSOLID AMP AND CAB COVERS

MB1

Yes, they just supplied one for an SWR Baby Blue combo (about 20 years old and a very different shape to the current version) and it was here in a few days, great fit and all the protection it needs for schlepping in and out of the car. I was also very impressed with the turnaround time on the enquiry - very efficient and much appreciated.

Have to join in the praise for Roqsolid.
I needed a cover/bag for my new EBS Reidmar.
First enquiry last Tuesday at 8.15pm, reply in less than 10 minutes.
Ordered the next day and it arrived on Saturday.
Once again, great product and service to match.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know they are really good quality and excellent service last time i used them for a Sound City B120. However, just priced up a set to fit my 414t Cab and 330 Head (apparently the ABM 300 Evo II fits it) and was a bit taken aback at the price. My fault that i didnt realise that the prices on site exclude VAT but still talking around £70 inc P&P. Pretty expensive i think seeing the amp cover is only gonna be quite small. Still, guess i need them to keep my gear in good nick

Pow_22'
I know they are really good quality and excellent service last time i used them for a Sound City B120. However, just priced up a set to fit my 414t Cab and 330 Head (apparently the ABM 300 Evo II fits it) and was a bit taken aback at the price. My fault that i didnt realise that the prices on site exclude VAT but still talking around £70 inc P&P. Pretty expensive i think seeing the amp cover is only gonna be quite small. Still, guess i need them to keep my gear in good nick

MB1.
Cheap as Chips!...David
You can add £20 to £30 pounds for other company's alternatives
And you'll not recieve the bespoke "made to measure" customer
service or quality Bryn and the Roqsolid team offer!
(And no I'm not there sales rep! Now there's an idea)

• 4 months later...

MB1.
Another Great Quality cover from Bryn/Lee and the rest of the Roqsolid Crew!
The Cover fits perfectly.... "made to measure"
Great Quality U.K made product,Great Customer service,and very quick turnaround from order to delivery.
Twelvety out of Twelvety!

I bought covers for my Ampeg Portaflex cabs. Covers are brilliand, but they could do with being a little clearer on their website with the covers for these models - took a fair bit of figuring out which was which as there were three options, and the PF-115HF and PF-210HF are identical externaly, would save confusion to list the cover as for PF-210/PF-115.

• 2 months later...

MB1.
Again!
No Trouble Here...
MUSTARD!
Excellent Customer Service from Bryn/Lee/Amy
and the rest of the Roqsolid Crew
Perfect made to measure Quality Heavy Duty cab covers...
Now even more indestructible (if that's possible?)
Great Price,Quick Turnaround and UK based.
Twelvety out of Twelvety!

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1290880577' post='1039060']
I have about 3 and they are always good. i just wish they offered an orange seam to go with my new cab
[/quote]

I had one made for my Orange SP212 cab in black with Orange piping. Looks ace BUT fits like a bag of sh*te. Guess where from? BLOODY SILVERSTONE. Wish I had gone to Roqsolid, not least cos they're close to where I live too! Ah well - next time....

I have to admit that I'm firmly in the 'I'd only buy one if there wasn't something better available' camp.

In the shop I help out in I often see used cabs come in with these covers and the quality and level of protection they offer compared to some of the better manufacturer covers is really not in the same league.

I took a few out and put them up against Aguilar and Bergantino covers and the improvement on the original fit ones was huge.

I haven't compared prices but, if I'm looking for a cover to fit on a £500 cab, then I'd want something better than a Roqsolid.

MB1.
Part of the beauty of the Roqsolid service is... "made to measure"
you can ask for what you require from them.
They're happy to make any kind of cover padded or not...
If you want it ask! If its doable? they'll quote and make it for you!

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Chris Horton' timestamp='1334779489' post='1621266']
I think that i am going to try these covers out for two of my Epifani cab's a UL 210 & UL 410

Would you guy's recommend going for the extra padding ??
I'll keep ya posted :)
[/quote]
Hi Chris did you go for the padding and if so what do you think?
I'm considering some covers for my Mesa boogie powerhouse cabs and wondering i need padding or the slot for a board to protect the player control area.

Jazzyvee

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1401648974' post='2465564']

Hi Chris did you go for the padding and if so what do you think?
I'm considering some covers for my Mesa boogie powerhouse cabs and wondering i need padding or the slot for a board to protect the player control area.

Jazzyvee
[/quote]

Don't buy a standard Roqsolid for protection from anything other than the odd drop of rain or maybe dust if you leave your cabs unused for any length of time.

I've experienced lots of problems with poor fit and finish and the non padded ones are really just slip covers that might prevent the odd gentle scuff. I remember a recent thread here about major problems with fitting to some new cabs.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/233446-roqsolid-cab-cover-my-bad-experience/page__hl__roqsolid__fromsearch__1

You definitely need some decent padding to prevent any damage to control pots. There may be a higher grade Roqsolid available but all the ones I've seen have been very basic :(

Edited by molan

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1401706657' post='2465955']
Blimey, I followed that thread and it has put me off.
Jazzyvee
[/quote]
I wouldn't be put off. As they're not far from me, I went in to see them. They took measurements of my amp (wedge monitor so not square) and made the cover to fit perfectly. The guy Lee I think, is really nice and helpful. Nothing but a good impression as far as I am concerned.

• 3 months later...

I can't praise them enough... I've had them for all my cabs so far. I recently order a pair of padded ones for my Schroeders. When they arrived the handle holes were a little too small in that I couldn't get my fingers in to grasp the handle itself.

Phoned Roqsolid and spoke directly to Bryn. He said return them and to quote thevref number. Within 3 days they had been returned to me along with a cheque to cover my postage and packing costs.

I've only ever purchased the padded ones and so far think they are superb.