Why become a member? ×

Call me picky .....

obbm

but I find the plain white scratch plate on my Lakland Duck Dunn rather bland and uninspiring.

It needs enhancing. With what should I replace it? Mirror? Black? Gold anodised? Help me out here.

I quite like it the way it is but would also consider an off white guard that a lot of CAR basses have, I think its technically called mint maybe? Its sorta white with a slight green tint, I am sure you have seen one and know what I mean!

[quote name='obbm' post='33' date='May 16 2007, 11:21 PM']but I find the plain white scratch plate on my Lakland Duck Dunn rather bland and uninspiring.
It needs enhancing. With what should I replace it? Mirror? Black? Gold anodised? Help me out here.[/quote]

I'm picking up Alan's CAR JO5 tomorrow- I think it used to be yours? Anyway, that has a mint green guard I believe but I'm considering white pearloid or clear perspex on that.

Whenever I see white on red I'm reminded of Hank Marvin *shudder*

[quote name='chardbass' post='612' date='May 17 2007, 06:04 PM']I'm picking up Alan's CAR JO5 tomorrow- I think it used to be yours? Anyway, that has a mint green guard I believe but I'm considering white pearloid or clear perspex on that.

Whenever I see white on red I'm reminded of Hank Marvin *shudder*[/quote]

Ah so that's where it's gone.

Nothing wrong with Hank. The Shads were my era.