Why become a member? ×

TRADED: 2008 Fender American Series P Bass for new Series Jazz Bass/Lakland JO: TRADED

Yeah, I know.......I'm a cock sometimes

Bought this on Sunday as a backup to my main US P bass and love it to bits. However, I have been asked to join another band where I feel I need a different sounding bass to a P Bass and would like to try a Jazz bass out. I've been caught on the backfoot here are feel foolish about this, but that's just the way it goes.

This is (was) Deaver's 2008 Olympic white/rosewood P Bass which is in fantastic condition (apart from a tiny dent on the top edge which isn't through the paintwork and is only visible from a certain angle). It is strung with La Bella Deep Talkin flats, but I would also be happy to put a brand new set of D'Addario Chromes on it.

It also has all the case candy, and a black pickguard I have lying around too. It's super-light (8lbs at a guess) and is one of the nicest P Basses I have ever played.

If I didn't have so much sentimental value locked up in my other US P Bass I would definitely be keeping this one as it is far superior.

Here's the link to Deaver's sale thread (hope you don't mind John):

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=88054&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=88054&hl=[/url]

I am looking for a new Series Fender US Jazz in equally as good condition with a rosewood board (sorry no maple) and preferably sunburst or black or Lakland Joe Osborn (4 or 5 string)

If you have anything that fits the bill, please let me know.

EDIT sale price of £650 added by popular demand :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='844199' date='May 21 2010, 02:39 PM']Hi mate

Thanks for the offer. I'm more of a passive bass fan though[/quote]

me too, you could always take the battery out! Just kidding. Ironically enough I have a usa jazz but I want to keep that unfortunately.

[quote name='jwood662' post='844268' date='May 21 2010, 03:41 PM']me too, you could always take the battery out! Just kidding. Ironically enough I have a usa jazz but I want to keep that unfortunately.[/quote]

Funnily enough, I did have a Stingray with a passive bypass a while back, but using it instead of the active EQ seemed as pointless to me as having a gearstick on a horse.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='844346' date='May 21 2010, 04:34 PM']Funnily enough, I did have a Stingray with a passive bypass a while back, but using it instead of the active EQ seemed as pointless to me as having a gearstick on a horse.[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Neigh!... Horses are Automatic!...I'll Get me Coat! :rolleyes:
BUMP!

Edited by MB1

Bump for a lovely bass (I used to own it; then again there's a statistically high chance that any white Fender P bass has previosly been owned by Beeedster or myself!)

Its the bass I'm playing live at the Dublin Castle in the B&W pic on my profile page

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='844106' date='May 21 2010, 01:22 PM']Here's the link to Deaver's sale thread (hope you don't mind John):[/quote]

No probs. You've got to love it on here, I've not even put the cash in the bank yet. If I wasn't stalking half of Clarky's bass collection I'd have it straight back.

You know , there are times when I think I'm pretty bad at the good old bass revolving door syndrome but I'm pleased to see that you continually keep me looking half way sane, lol.

I have a string of J styled basses if you want to borrow one whilst you make the big decision about what bass to buy next ?

My Shuker J might be just perfect?

I haven't played it for 2-3 months and it's sitting at rehearsal venue if you fancy it for a bit?

Edited by molan

Allo

I have a 1998 sunburst USA Fender J with a rosewood board (advertised for trade on this board). Condition is good but the back of the neck has been sanded so not perfect. I'm in South London so not too far from you if you'd like a look. I can send pics if you like.

I've been after a maple boarded jazz but I've also got a Jamerson fixation so a trade could work well.

Cheers

Nick

Edited by Cairobill

[quote name='Linus27' post='845825' date='May 23 2010, 04:00 PM']Man I love that Precision Nick. It would be sucidal if I asked to try it. I bet it also sounds stunning :)[/quote]

Thanks Michael. It's a good one for sure and would match your eyes beautifully :rolleyes:

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='846361' date='May 24 2010, 11:17 AM']Thanks Michael. It's a good one for sure and would match your eyes beautifully :)[/quote]

Well, my eyes are green and at the moment very green with envy :rolleyes:

Just a +1 on how good these basses are. Mine is the same vintage and is on a par with my Lakland JO (my no.1 bass of ALL time). I haven't spent much time with any of my other basses since the P arrived... I might have to clear some out if I can get the idea past her-indoors! Bizarrely she's banned me from selling any of my gear, but I digress.

Good luck with your sale OHM!