Why become a member? ×

Just bought this

tayste_2000

Some more info

The body is solid selected Brazilian mahogony with a mahogony through neck, ebony fingerboard and beautiful diamond shaped mother of pearl position markers.

The face of the bass is finished in solid 1/2" flamed maple, is beautiful and adds top end clarity to the warmth and sustain of the mahogony body and neck.

It has 2 Bill lawrence EB50 humbucking pickups. These were specifically hand wound in the USA for Overwater to provide gutsy bass and bright punchy treble. These are legendary pickups, with amazing output and are totally hum free. Controls allow for master volume, 2 independant volume controls for pickup blending and tone control.

The fingerboard is beautifully bound and the frets are in perfect condition. The neck is as straight as an arrow, action is nice and low, all electronics work perfectly, tuners and bridge are all Schaller and superb.

The frets are graduated, i.e, the frets get gradually thinner as you move towards the body. This makes playing low or high up the neck a joy.

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' post='839499' date='May 17 2010, 09:11 AM']what are the white dots next to the pots for?
Beautiful bass, love the T birdesque headstock.[/quote]

They are brass inlayed domes just something overwater does on the current models it tells you where the centre detent is, but on this I expect it be where the knob is on fully as its a passive bass

I always tought the early Overwaters were..um..fugly, as they say on the interweb. But I tried one a few years ago and it was a joy to play - a lovely bass indeed. Those Lawrence pickups are very unusual for a Brit bass, and a nice change from Armstrongs.

Bet you're a happy bass player!

I did a wiring repair on one of these once. It was green. Not my cup of tea visually, but it had a really nice neck on it and it felt good to play. One of the knobs had a push/pull which looked/sounded like it did some kind of parallel/series switching?

[quote name='neepheid' post='839562' date='May 17 2010, 10:20 AM']I did a wiring repair on one of these once. It was green. Not my cup of tea visually, but it had a really nice neck on it and it felt good to play. One of the knobs had a push/pull which looked/sounded like it did some kind of parallel/series switching?[/quote]

Cool I'll be calling Overwater at lunch time to find out about it, I may just get some passive options on it like a Gibson Varitone or something I don't know tbh it probably sounds perfect as is :)