Why become a member? ×

Ive got my 9

ARGH

[quote name='beerdragon' post='87128' date='Nov 12 2007, 12:33 AM']So you have the bass, What type of music is that going to played on, is the current band ok with that? or are going in a another direction.[/quote]

It has the same notes as my other instruments and If the notes are right,the coversband are fine... If keys players can have 3 synths onstage,then Its ok to have a few more strings...Hell these guys are so great they TOLD me to not bring the 4 string anymore after they heard the 5,and the Drummer REALLY REALLY wants me to play the 9 at the North Leeds Bikers rally in March!

Since obtaining the 9 Ive had offers of collaborations and work from Drum and Bass DJs,Jungleists, Ambient projects,a few metal bands ,an Industrial band,a charity record in aid of the restoration of 'Unity hall' in Wakefield,and Im auditioning for a Metal band as we speak...and Im looking for ,in the future,to perform with a solo female voice (Kinda Eno/Dead can Dance).

All work is contact.....all contact is good.

Edited by ARGH

[quote name='eude' post='87186' date='Nov 12 2007, 09:42 AM']Congrats [b]ARGH[/b],
that's a mighty fine bass you got there!
The pro photos are incredible...

How long did the build take?

Eude[/quote]

Thankyou very much...Thankyou.

From the time of 1st meeting Jim to the hand over of deposit to the rest of payment...about 9-10 months.,you could minus a month if Allparts didnt take as long for parts.

[quote name='d-basser' post='87503' date='Nov 12 2007, 06:47 PM']Looking at that bass and not owning it makes me cry a little inside. I want something, then I want bigger hands lol (I have midget hands!)[/quote]

Hey,easy fella,its easier to play than you think...handsize means nowt,its just technique,We all have something to add in this world....just make sure its something that does good.

If we ever meet on a Bassday someplace,I'll let you play it first.

[quote name='ped' post='87507' date='Nov 12 2007, 06:51 PM']I would love to hear it! Get some samples up if you can! Who took the pro photographs?

ped[/quote]

Gimme time,email Jim regarding the Photos,it was some bloke in Harrogate,does everything for Jim,hes VERY good.

[quote name='7string' post='87635' date='Nov 12 2007, 10:55 PM']OK... I'm going to be brave and/or rude and ask how much it cost....??

I fully understand if you wish to keep this to yourself..[/quote]

I have never revealed that price and never will,the only persons that know are me and the maker,not even my own mother...who has asked many times..workcollegues..mates....etc etc,has ever got the figure from me. Its my little piece that no one else can have.. so sorry fella,sorry,its my secret.

All I have ever said is

"Four figures"

[quote name='Sibob' post='86373' date='Nov 10 2007, 04:56 AM']How do you set the intonation?
And how the hell does that string retainer stay on with all that tension? :)

Very 'Ken Lawrence'

Si[/quote]

[quote name='paul, the' post='86374' date='Nov 10 2007, 05:19 AM']Bassy love.[/quote]

No More Nails, innit!

[quote name='HarryPotter' post='85678' date='Nov 8 2007, 09:40 PM']I thought it looks rather more suitable as a makeshift aircraft carrier, tell me, does it float?[/quote]

'Course it floats! the question is, how's the cutback on that baby? does it handle big wave riding? :)

ps.: quite dig the design, but it has 4 strings too many for me :huh:

Edited by Aussiephoenix

Thankyou for the kind words again everyone.

Some 9 news first,we are (ok...Jim is)redesigning the tailpiece section,nothing too radical,but a different design,we both knew this would take some tweeking,and this is the first of ,probably, a few adjustments and modifications. I broke my first string the other day,and Im waiting for a new set of strings to come from the states....I need spares anyway,it was nice to break my Paypal cherry on such a thing. Im taking the Bass to Gator cases in Dewsbury,to have a custom flightcase made,full ATA spec,its deserves it....it wont fit into a standard sized gigbag either (any suggestions of anyone making BIG soft cases,I would love to just sling this thing on my back. We are also waiting for the 3 bnd eq from the USA,but I saw a flying pig the other day....and Hell froze over......so....

It also picked up its first 'ding' on the kitchen sinks corner as I wandered about the house playing it,Im not crying,it adds another stamp upon it soul.

Recordings?
I never perform for anyone,on anything,unless I can assure myself I can play it fully,and well...so unless you use skype,Im not recording or filming this for anyone yet,as said before,about Feb/March time...maybe. If things go well for me before Xmas maybe sooner,if not,in an ARGHesque kind of way..tough. Wait like your mother had too.

Tapping,yes it does,very nicely,but Its chordial tones are more to my interest. 3 octaves of purpleheart offer so much.

Metaltime where did you play the 7 and who made it?...Perhaps more important still,whos was it?

Edited by ARGH