Why become a member? ×

what the hell...

mgibson

[quote name='Oscar South' post='767341' date='Mar 7 2010, 09:24 PM']Two incredible and venerable musicians playing music that they love?

That video is immense, I'm getting major doses of bass player envy from this thread.[/quote]

I often find the "You're just jealous" riposte a bit simple, but in this case it's hilarious. That performance is literally one of the s*****t things I've ever seen.

Its just a little bit of ostentatious posing that the merkins seem to appreciate. I have to admit to never being a fan of either of these guys, but would have thought that they could have come up with something a bit more exciting than just playing the same notes in unison - apart from the few widdly bits that billy cant keep up with.

Just managed 47 seconds an got bored!
I'm a bit of a Sheehan fan, I love Niacin, the first DLR album was great, as was the first Mr Big album. But that video is just clichéd and dull.

I'm wondering if Paul Gilbert is listening to something interesting on those big headphones...

This is the kind of thing I think is wrong with the world, it's the "up-yer-own-arse-ness" of the whole thing!

It's not even that great!

It's hardly this kind of virtuosity:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUcdosnuxGs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUcdosnuxGs[/url]