Why become a member? ×

How was your gig last night?

bassninja

23 minutes ago, peteb said:

We were lucky enough to headline the John Bonham 75th birthday memorial event in his hometown of Redditch last night. 

There was a great crowd and a really good set of bands playing, not to mention that I got to play through the usual hire-in rig of a SVT4 & fridge, which I don't get to do too often these days. All great fun... 

20230527_212902.thumb.jpg.9f0d2915d7cd738b4ce52b3b1983708f.jpg

Nice!

This is my summer rig. I'm  using a 15" now instead of two weeks 10s.

Blue

20230527_145803.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Simon C said:

Well as you asked, I do quite like your hat.  Hat opinion is mixed on here though: I was once congratulated for not wearing a hat.

A better pic of my new cowboy hat. I'll  be wearing it at most  gigs this summer.

Blue

20230527_145803.jpg

• Like 8

Played a very nice large social club on the outskirts of Harrogate last night. As we walked in the consec explained that the clientele were a bit jaded with live music as the previous consec had cycled only 5/6 bands so he was taking a punt with us having just spotted us online. He also said it might be a bit thin on the ground but if we’re lucky we might get a few dancers. 
…….anyway the word must have got out as the place was rammed with punters many in 70s glam dress and the dance floor was full from half way into the first spot. Just goes to show that some thought can really make a difference in some of these trad social clubs.

Glam Fever, proudly bringing glam rock to the masses since 2015.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, martthebass said:

Played a very nice large social club on the outskirts of Harrogate last night. As we walked in the consec explained that the clientele were a bit jaded with live music as the previous consec had cycled only 5/6 bands so he was taking a punt with us having just spotted us online. He also said it might be a bit thin on the ground but if we’re lucky we might get a few dancers. 
…….anyway the word must have got out as the place was rammed with punters many in 70s glam dress and the dance floor was full from half way into the first spot. Just goes to show that some thought can really make a difference in some of these trad social clubs.

Glam Fever, proudly bringing glam rock to the masses since 2015.

We've been finding quite a varied age group too with a lot of the younger generation getting into the Glam dressing up thing.

Played a few clubs now and the Sun afternoon ones seem to be doing well.

Long Live Glam. :laugh1:

Dave

• Like 3

On 28/05/2023 at 09:33, peteb said:

We were lucky enough to headline the John Bonham 75th birthday memorial event in his hometown of Redditch last night. 

There was a great crowd and a really good set of bands playing, not to mention that I got to play through the usual hire-in rig of a SVT4 & fridge, which I don't get to do too often these days. All great fun... 

20230527_212902.thumb.jpg.9f0d2915d7cd738b4ce52b3b1983708f.jpg

Nice rig Pete.

Edited by Bluewine

Two gigs this weekend for Mustang Sally, on Saturday a private party in Devon for an 80th Bday, we were worried that there might be Zimmer frame clashes on the dance floor but far from it, lots of dancing, happy punters and help getting our gear in and out of the venue!

Sunday played a mini festival in north Dorset, outside stage with full pa, problems getting my 4H Bongos line output tame enough for DI but overall an ok gig, punters busy soaking up the sunshine and cider so not much dancing...

Knackered this morning, glad to be painting a fence for relaxation...

• Like 8

Two fantastic shows this weekend. One was a private function for a super-wealthy individual. We played in front of his lake on a mezzanine over a swimming pool and koi pond (and gymnasium with boxing ring). It was quite the eye opener into a very different world. 
Last night we closed a local festival to a brilliant crowd, many of whom had turned out just for us. We had a pro crew in filming too. No proper pics yet, but I’ve swiped a few from people’s facebook pages. 

IMG_7808.jpeg

IMG_7805.jpeg

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7789.jpeg

IMG_7788.jpeg

IMG_7768.jpeg

IMG_7777.jpeg

IMG_7809.jpeg

• Like 20

Just completed the 2nd to last weekend of gigs on our 'Bootleg Rock Show feat. Leather & Lace' tour! I'm loving it so much I don't want it to end.... but I'm sure we'll do it all over again later this year/early next year and possibly some European dates to come too! 👍😉

Friday We played a fun 'club' gig at The Concorde Club in Eastleigh, Hampshire. Stripped back production but same setlist and a much more intimate setting made for an enjoyable night for all...

Saturday night was back to theatreland at the seaside classic Hunstanton Princess Theatre on the North Norfolk coast. Probably the best audience response so far on the tour...and we're really playing as tight as a 'gnat's chuff' now! 😉

20230526_173621.jpg

FB_IMG_1685186318183.jpg

20230527_163555.jpg

FB_IMG_1685273779673.jpg

Edited by cetera
  • Like 20

10 hours ago, gafbass02 said:

Two fantastic shows this weekend. One was a private function for a super-wealthy individual. We played in front of his lake on a mezzanine over a swimming pool and koi pond (and gymnasium with boxing ring). It was quite the eye opener into a very different world. 
Last night we closed a local festival to a brilliant crowd, many of whom had turned out just for us. We had a pro crew in filming too. No proper pics yet, but I’ve swiped a few from people’s facebook pages. 

IMG_7808.jpeg

IMG_7805.jpeg

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7789.jpeg

IMG_7788.jpeg

IMG_7768.jpeg

IMG_7777.jpeg

IMG_7809.jpeg

Nice, love alll the pics.

Blue

• Like 1

On 28/05/2023 at 13:24, martthebass said:

Yee Haw!

Do you play both kinds of music, country and western?

Is there a difference  ? Lol

I actually bought it for a video shoot. Unfortunately there's  no C&W connection to the hat.

Blue

• Like 1

On 28/05/2023 at 05:01, stewblack said:

@Bluewine hat looks well cool. But then you always look cool.

Last night for me was a private party with the Bandeoke band.

Different line up with drummer and guitarist I hadn't met before, lovely setting, lovely people. The wheels only fell off a couple of times but as ever we got through.

Only problem for me was the amp going phut in the soundcheck. I always carry my trusty Elf in the gig bag so it didn't affect the show. 

Wheels fell off a few times for us at the Burlington gig. Some really sloppy endings.

Blue

• Like 1

On 28/05/2023 at 06:40, peteb said:

I don't see the reason for this aversion to hats comes from - if you think that you look cool in a hat, then wear one... 

The problem is that people who look good wearing hats are, generally, the same people who look cool without a hat...! 

I might start a " Show Us Your Hat " thread. Lol

Daryl

• Haha 1

On 28/05/2023 at 05:18, Woodinblack said:

Played in a local pub last night, was well attended considering there was a live event nearby. I hadn't actually touched a bass in 3 weeks as I had been on holiday and my fingers show it today! Sadly our guitarist who we got in December who fits in well and is excellent has announced he is leaving due to work commitments, so that means we have to begin the whole new guitarist thing, so that is most of our busy months going to be wasted again which put a damper on it, especially as we played really well last night.

Hope you guys find a guitarist that fits the bill with full commitment soon.

Blue

• Like 1

First of 3 gigs this week for us. Again, one of my favourites last night - Newcastle City Hall,

or as it’s now known 02 City Hall. Wonderful venue with great staff, and special for me as 

have been to many great gigs there in the last few decades. ( One of the crew showed me

some of the tickets they’ve had framed, see below. )
We had around 800 people in, and from the massive welcome as we walked onstage they

were in good voice. Something about the people in the north which always makes for a 

memorable gig. We were a touch rusty after a 5 week break but no big c*ck ups, and a 

great house PA meant the sound was ace. ( band pic at soundcheck ).

We have two sold out gigs tonight and tomorrow in Bridlington and York, so hopefully 

the good northern vibes will continue. 

IMG_3184.jpeg

IMG_3183.jpeg

IMG_0049.jpeg

IMG_3189.jpeg

• Like 16