Why become a member? ×

Stupidly Easy Tunes Which Are An Absolute Pleasure To Play

Hot Tub

[quote name='iamapirate' post='692875' date='Dec 24 2009, 12:03 PM']'Yesterdays' by Switchfoot. An absolutely beautiful song to play, simple and stunningly effective bassline which compliments the guitar line more than almost any other song I know. 10/10[/quote]
switchfoot, Really underrated arn't they?

[quote name='guzzibass' post='692280' date='Dec 23 2009, 12:56 PM']I've always wanted to do 'I'm so bored with the USA' and 'Janie Jones', but the others in the band won't do Clash stuff! :)[/quote]

If your band won't do Clash songs get yourself another band they've obviously a bunch of miserable gits with no musical taste at all

[quote name='witterth' post='692362' date='Dec 23 2009, 02:45 PM']good point about the bass line,
but am I alone in finding Joss Stone well.....just more than a bit sh*te?
I'll get me coat.......[/quote]

go and see Joss live; she's got an amazing band that aren't just hired hands and she's got all the attitude of a legend. They are one of the best live bands I've seen. The bassist, Peter Ionnaccone is a he'll of a grooved and acts as musical directorfor the shows. I've seen them (her) 4 times and have tickets for Shepherd's bush in Feb. Sorry for the hijack.

Simple song the is a pleasure? Zombie by The Cranberries. Fantastic

[quote name='PaulWarning' post='691454' date='Dec 22 2009, 01:12 PM']I thought this thread was stupidly easy tunes to play, no names but I get the impression some people nominate quiet difficult songs to try and make themselves look good, or perhaps I'm just a crap bass player[/quote]

Well.. it's a bit of a silly question in the first place. Everything is easy when you can play it and difficult when you can't. Please excuse the kitchen sink philosophy :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='701627' date='Jan 5 2010, 02:27 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WZW4groJro"]Space 1999 theme tune[/url] - I think this is definitely what inspired me to play the bass when I was a kid :)[/quote]
Scroll down to [url="http://www.planetbass.fsnet.co.uk/johnmccoy.html"]'What's the biggest disaster you've ever had in the studio...'[/url]

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='691108' date='Dec 21 2009, 11:17 PM']Sunshine Of Your Love[/quote]

I could play that song before I even had a bass. I got to back Pete Brown on it at his wedding at the same time a good friend of mine played Wembley Stadium. Great day, great riff, great song!

[quote name='johnnylager' post='701765' date='Jan 5 2010, 03:55 PM']Scroll down to [url="http://www.planetbass.fsnet.co.uk/johnmccoy.html"]'What's the biggest disaster you've ever had in the studio...'[/url][/quote]

Haha! Nice! I've always liked that bass line because of the way it works with the bass drum. So I guess he was being helped along. Interesting to see he now plays with Bernie Torme, who had a pretty good band back in the mid-80s that I saw a few times.

[quote name='Doddy' post='701035' date='Jan 4 2010, 10:00 PM']'Spectrum''s cool,but 'Stratus' is better...I think[/quote]
Ah yeah that's the track I was on about, i'm never any good with remembering track names :) ...the one Massive Attack sampled anyhow on 'Safe from Harm'
Eternity's breath pt1 is a blast by Mahavishnu Orchestra and Pete Tosh's Johnny B Good is jolly good fun too! :rolleyes: