Why become a member? ×

My 1978 Fender Precision

Cat Burrito

Hey all - thought I'd flash this one. I've always wanted a Fender Precision from the same decade that I came from. Some years are more key to me than others. 73 was when I was borm, 78 was when I started school so I was keen to find something from between 73-79. One of my favourite albums of all time is The Band's brown album so I have always felt the Mocha colour scheme reminded me of that. Anyhow, stumbled across this little museum condition 78 all original. I've edited / hidden the serial number from the photos but this is all original. I even have the original thumb rest, receipt and letter of authenticity! In fact I also have the original strings with the purchase (not on the bass, they have been obviously been changed). All original pots etc!!!

This year has seen my wife get made redundant, my Mum get diagnosed with early stages of Alzheimer's Diesease and then me get diagnosed with cancer. My wife got a new job this week, I'm cancer free and going through chemo and Mum is on fair form at the moment. This bass was a reward to myself after a stinker of a year. Drool worthy pictures to follow.

Set up to my specs, low action & nice neck but with no string buzz! The tone is actually as you'd expect and it's about medium weight, not like some of the 70s basses. I've posted a lot lately as I've been off work recovering from the cancer but today has been a playing day. I'll post you these pictures and then I'm off to play more. I had some great offers of 70s P-basses from many of you (so there are bargains to be had folks!) but this is new blood to the site. And not one for resale!
Enjoy

More pics to follow...

Thanks to all! :)

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='672608' date='Dec 2 2009, 10:40 PM']I have a Seventies Precision and a wife who beat cancer this year - I thought I was the lucky one, but I'm glad to see I'm not alone. All the best, my friend! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Congrats to Mrs. Mickeyboro - I've met some amazing people through this forum and in the hospitals, many of whom put my story in the shade by comparison. All the best for 2010 and well done.