Why become a member? ×

Who Has More Than One "Rig"?

Phaedrus

I`ve got two. Asdown mag 300 combo but I took the saw to it and put the head in a homemade rack unit and used the 1x 15 and bought a Ashdown 2 x 10 cab to go with it. I got pissed off carting it about, sold the 2 x 10 and now this is used as a spare.

Main gig rig is a Eden Nemesis rs 2x10 combo and lovely it is too. 320watts, built like a bricksh*t house yet only weighs 20kg. And has a lovely blue light to the control panel. I also carry a Sansamp Bass Driver with me at all times in case the amp goes down.

Jez

I've got a load of Markbass gear, consisting of;

2 x 10 Combo
4 x 10 cab
1 x 15 cab
2 x 10 cab
1 x 12 cab
Little Mark II head

Thus I can use the above in the following configurations:

1. 2 x 10" combo on its own - normally used for theatre work and for amplification of Roland bass pedals with rock band(s).

2. 2 x 10 combo with 4 x 10 cabinet.

3. 2 x 10 combo with 1 x 15 cabinet

4. 2 x 10 combo with 2 x 10 cabinet

5. 2 x 10 combo with 1 x 12 cabinet

6. Little Mark head with 4 x 10 cabinet.

7. Little Mark head with 1 x 15 cabinet

8. Little Mark head with 2 x 10 cabinet

9. Little Mark head with 1 x 12 cabinet

10. Little Mark head with 4 x 10 and 1 x 15 cabinet.

11. Little Mark head with 4 x 10 and 1 x 12 cabinet.

12. Little Mark head with 4 x 10 and 2 x 10 cabinet.

13. Little Mark head with 1 x 15 and 2 x 10 cabinet

14. Little Mark head with 1 x 15 and 1 x 12 cabinet

15. Little Mark head with 1 x 12 and 2 x 10 cabinet

I guess you could say I'm covered for most gig requirements.....!

Obviously, when running the head into a single cab at 8 ohms, I'm not getting the full power but I'd like a 2 x 10 4 ohm cab at some point!

Cheers

Nick

[quote name='longtimefred' post='649586' date='Nov 9 2009, 12:19 PM']I dont have a second amp but i remember plaing a gig with my old Marshall VBA400 with my old Trace 8x10, a trace 4x10 and a trace 1x18 all rigged up together.

MY LORD!!! It crushed all the people in the first 5 rows![/quote]
A while ago I played through Ashdown ABM900 feeding Ampeg 8x10 and Ampeg 8x8 and slaved up to Markbass LMII feeding Ampeg 4x10 and also DI through 2.5kW PA. This in a pub in Hastings called [i]The Carlisle[/i] - some of you may know it - there were no complaints about volume. :)

Well there are two rigs in the house, plus a practice amp (the old Nemesis N8 - which has just about managed gig volumes with a drummer).

My rig is the MB sa450 into a Berg ae410, and that covers anything loud I'll ever do.

Then there is Plux's rig, an LH500 into Berg HT210 & HT115, which can obviously be split up to give 3 varieties, and all of those sound different if driven with my head instead of the LH500.

Really after a Barefaced T'Midget (if it sounds like I think it should ) or a Berg ae112 for those occasions when I dont need a lot of volume (rehearsals for instance) but want great tone (always).

If I'm practicing I either use Plux's BP8, or my Zoom H4n or lappie into headphones, I find I am able to be far more critical when monitoring with headphones whilst practicing, especially the Shure bud type of thing. I am more critical of string noise etc and timing too. My take is that if I almost always practice with headphones then when I play through the rig all the good things I have been working towards will just be 'there'.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='649597' date='Nov 9 2009, 12:28 PM']A while ago I played through Ashdown ABM900 feeding Ampeg 8x10 and Ampeg 8x8 and slaved up to Markbass LMII feeding Ampeg 4x10 and also DI through 2.5kW PA. This in a pub in Hastings called [i]The Carlisle[/i] - some of you may know it - there were no complaints about volume. :)[/quote]

Holy christ on a bike that sounds like fun. Gonna get me a gig there!

I have 2 amp heads -- Genz-Benz Shuttle 6 and Hartke 3500 -- while cab-wise I have the two Nemesis 1x15s plus an old SWR Bass Monitor 1x12. For rehearsals, I generally take one of the 15s plus the Hartke (I have a complete set of all the necessary leads etc stowed in the back of the Hartke's case, so it's an easy one-trip-from-the-car setup), with the bigger amp and both the 15s going out to gigs. The wedge comes in handy sometimes, but it's kinda heavy. I might fit a neo speaker at some point.

I have started collecting so i have

Eden Traveller head plus Ashdown 1x15 and 4x8 mini cabinets

Ashdown 300w 1 x10 combo to which I sometimes add the 4x8

Acoustic 220 head plus 406 2x15 cab my normal rig these days

Acoustic 150b plus 404 1 x15 cab

Acoustic 126 1 x15 combo

Two rigs for me....

1) The 'KISS Tribute' rig of doom:

Furman Power Conditioner
Samson Wireless
BBE Sonic Maximiser
Bass Pod Pro (used as pre-amp)
Ampeg SVT3 Pro (using power stage only)
Mesa/Boogie Diesel 2x15 EV Cab
......all running at 4 ohms

2) The 'Function Band', rehearsal... and 'everything else' rig:

Korg Tuner
Tech21 Landmark 600 Head
Genz Benz NeoX-212T (2x12) cab with horn and bass ports)
.....again running at 4 ohms.

I have 4 amps and 3 cabs I use in various combination for rigs.

Our Innocence Lost Rig
Matamp 4x10
Matamp 8x10
Alembic F-1X
Mesa Boogie Strategy 400
Mesa Boogie Strategy 400

Practice/Studio Rig
Dynacord MV15
Matamp 2x12

Small Gig Rig
Simms Watt PA100
Matamp 2x12

Medium Gig Rig
Simms Watt PA100
Matamp 4x10

Medium - Large Gig
Simms Watt PA100x2
Matamp 8x10
(I can take both heads and power each side of the cab with an individual head)

I play with a few people and dep occasionally but my main gigging setup is the Our Innocence Lost one.

I use an Eden Metro for all gigs (jazz/rovk/funk/pop/big band) and an SWR/GK MB112 hybrid for small rehearsals. The SWR/GK just doesn't but it for live work. I have looked at the Markbass stuff and, whilst I liked it, I didn't find myself coveting it. I'll stick to the Eden for now - I think it does the job admirably and everyone I play with says it sounds great so why change.

Previously I had a MarkBass CMD 115P mini combo with a traveller 2x10 head. I sold this on and now do most smaller gigs & theatre jobs with my Roland Bass Cube 100 which is a very versatile little amp if you're not dealing with noisy b*****d gutarists! The 'Cube is usually ample enough against a large big band or to fill a theatre.

Now I've got a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 coming with two Neox 112T cabs. Should have me covered for most eventualities!

Rich.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='649597' date='Nov 9 2009, 12:28 PM']A while ago I played through Ashdown ABM900 feeding Ampeg 8x10 and Ampeg 8x8 and slaved up to Markbass LMII feeding Ampeg 4x10 and also DI through 2.5kW PA. This in a pub in Hastings called [i]The Carlisle[/i] - some of you may know it - there were no complaints about volume. :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote name='longtimefred' post='650515' date='Nov 10 2009, 12:02 PM']Holy christ on a bike that sounds like fun. Gonna get me a gig there![/quote]
It's the only pub where I've [i]never[/i] been asked to turn down - however, I have known drunks fighting on the stage as you try to play.

I should add that the guitarist was, of course, even louder than me. :)

I'm currently building my dream rig.
It will be set up so it can be used full or a half stack depending on the venue.
I'm going run the Buzzard through an Ashdown RPM1 to separate the high's and low's. Put the low's through a TE 300w 1215 combo and run the highs through a Digitech 2120 and into an Ashdown Rack 300 Mag then into a Hartke 4x10. I may add effects to the low end too, but I'll see how I go just running it dry 'cos the high's will have plenty of 'fairy dust' on 'em!
That's the full rig, the half rig will be the Mag 300 thru the 2120 and into the Hartke.....

I have a few:

Roland DB-500 for rehearsals and small gigs or small stages with PA support.
Peavey TNT115S as my main backup, for gigs where I may need to share my amp or whenever I fancy something different like a 15 instead of 10s.
Little Mark II into a Warwick 411PRO as my main rig.

I usually run through an MXR M80 and d.i. to the PA from that in case the amp goes down aswell.