Why become a member? ×

Now this IS a rare one ...

Happy Jack

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EX-PRIMAL-SCREAM-FODERA-CONTRABASS-GUITAR-MAGNIFICENT_W0QQitemZ330374627412QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item4cebdcc054"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EX-PRIMAL-SCREAM-FOD...=item4cebdcc054[/url]

Not necessarily everyone's cup of tea (I'm a PG Tips man, can't stand Earl Grey) but still rather nice.

I think it's Henry Olsen's bass.
He played with the Scream from Screamadelica up until Mani joined them on Vanishing Point after their break.
Remember seeing him play live with them a fair few times. Always thought he looked pretty cool, in a suit, polo-neck with an old sunburst Precision. Pretty tight player too.

That is a horrible monstrosity though, that he's selling. :)

Edited by nick

For a single-cut I think the shaps is quite nice (much better than those with a massive bump where the top horn should be) but the control area looks a bit messy with the mixture of control knob types and the jack plate

[quote name='ped' post='648051' date='Nov 7 2009, 01:41 PM']For a single-cut I think the shaps is quite nice (much better than those with a massive bump where the top horn should be) but the control area looks a bit messy with the mixture of control knob types and the jack plate[/quote]

This hasn't got a massive bump where the top horn should be Ped?

I'd like to see a bass that does then :rolleyes:

It's a Fodera, it looks like a Fodera!

If you like Fodera's you'll probably like this :)

If not.......

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='649366' date='Nov 9 2009, 08:12 AM']This hasn't got a massive bump where the top horn should be Ped?

I'd like to see a bass that does then :rolleyes:

It's a Fodera, it looks like a Fodera!

If you like Fodera's you'll probably like this :)

If not.......[/quote]

I mean the top horn sort of gracefully falls away into the neck, wheras something like thsi is a really large 'bump' which looks kind of odd in my opinion:

See what I mean? Not really a fan of single cuts anyway to be honest (or Foderas, only having played 2)

[quote name='ped' post='650122' date='Nov 9 2009, 09:24 PM']I mean the top horn sort of gracefully falls away into the neck, wheras something like thsi is a really large 'bump' which looks kind of odd in my opinion:

See what I mean? Not really a fan of single cuts anyway to be honest (or Foderas, only having played 2)[/quote]

Beauty! Im sure Ive seen that model before, who's she made by?