Why become a member? ×

Big up Ashdown!

Adrenochrome

Okay, so I got my MAG 300r head about 4.5 years ago. In that time it's done 200+ gigs and a similar number of rehearsals. It's had some fairly rough treatment, although lived in a rack it's entire life.

Finally, something has gone wrong. Yes the bulb in the VU meter has expired. A quick phone call to Ashdown and they sent a new bulb, free of charge that arrived very quickly. I have ZERO spare cash so I'm delighted that their product has performed so well over the years, and the (minor) repair will cost me zilch.

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='614616' date='Oct 2 2009, 10:55 AM']Okay, so I got my MAG 300r head about 4.5 years ago. In that time it's done 200+ gigs and a similar number of rehearsals. It's had some fairly rough treatment, although lived in a rack it's entire life.

Finally, something has gone wrong. Yes the bulb in the VU meter has expired. A quick phone call to Ashdown and they sent a new bulb, free of charge that arrived very quickly. I have ZERO spare cash so I'm delighted that their product has performed so well over the years, and the (minor) repair will cost me zilch.[/quote]

That's pretty much been my experience of the brand since I bought my first piece of Ashdown kit in late 1999 - except that nothing has [b]ever[/b] gone wrong with anything, other than a lost rotary knob from the front of a combo - and, again, that was replaced free of charge by return of post.

Faultless products and customer service IMHO. :) :rolleyes:

Edited by bassicinstinct

You've always had great tone when I've seen you play on the few occasions our paths crossed when I was playing on the blues/rock circuit.

I think people sometimes get carried away with stories of things going wrong and forget about all the people who've used a particular brand for years with no trouble.

Good customer service counts for a lot too, IMO, even if it's just a little replacement bulb!

I'm just gonna steam in here and poop on this thread with my bad experiences of Ashdown gear...

Actually, no I'm not. What I am gonna say is how nice it is that you bothered to post to say something good about something (anything!). It's not a particuarly human characteristic (or at least a British one) to celebrate when something goes well, so well done for stopping and thinking about it.

Cheers,
James

I ran a MAG300 head for about 5 years, until last year when i got the LG1000, but ive since reverted back to a MAG600. Ive never had any technical problems/issues at all, and up to now the MAG600 is trouble free, great gear, solid and reliable IMHO. looking forward to years more good service and use/reliability I'm pleased with them and i dont see any reason to change my brands in the near future!!

No problems with my abm either apart from the bulb in the vu meter

Replacement recieved in 24 hours at no charge.

Compare that with the service i received from ampeg, on a faulty svt 3 head.

I actually used to gig with a banner across my amp saying

NEVER BUY AN AMPEG

MB1. :)
I use a British ABM 210T Combo and have done for the last Five years, its regularly used for rehearsals and Gigs...and has been Great!.I do use other Ashdown Gear and have had No Problem with it...There customer service is Fantastic , and i will be purchasing other Ashdown Gear in the future!....Theyyyyyyyyyyyyre Great! :rolleyes:

Evening, interesting reading all this Ashdown thumbs up, having posted yesterday as newbie re new amp have spent day trawling around following comments received. I just know I'm going to blow my budget on a Classic C115-500 combo and 2x10 cab, if there's a purchase to be made let's make it worthwhile...

I`ve had an MAG 300 combo for around 6 years now, one of the British one`s. I have bought a Eden Nemesis RS210 which I`m collecting later today but the only reason is I want to try something different and heard a Nemesis 200 watt and was well impresed.

The Ashdown has never let me down and it has been thrown about and abused on a regular basis. Hopefully the Eden will be dinky doo but I will still keep the Ashdown as a backup.

Jez

Used to have an EB180 and it was one of the best sounding amps ive used but i got lured in by the green =P
Saying that though, i now use an Ashdown MAG410T cabinet and i haven't heard a better amp in all honesty. Wish it was a bit lighter though haha!

So yeah, Big up ashdown!

If i had to change, i'd buy a Marshall JCM800 4x12 Bass cab and fit it with 4 12" Ashdown blue line speakers and the tweeter ashdown use =D

Spreading the love also! :)

2 x mag810 - wonderful value for money and the tone...truly sumptuous.
1 x perfect ten combo
1 x perfect ten mini rig - just about to buy another :rolleyes:
1 x Jlo hyperdrive

Absolutely adore the stuff - suppose that's why I'm an ampeg player but then again how would I explain the trace v4 head????

never a single problem with any of it!

andy

ps superb customer service.

Edited by andy67