Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1474973708' post='3141897']
Recording of a dep that the singer from my band and I did on Saturday. Easy to learn the set because they use backing tracks so they sent us the tracks and we were both able to run through a few bits on our own before the gig. Went well despite the drummers best attempts at making us laugh to put us off.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CutYNHBTaA8[/media]
[/quote]

Awesome job crisp ,clean and accurate. Must be fun playing against your drummer.

For all the cover haters, what this band is doing is far from easy.

Blue

Recording of a dep that the singer from my band and I did on Saturday. Easy to learn the set because they use backing tracks so they sent us the tracks and we were both able to run through a few bits on our own before the gig. Went well despite the drummers best attempts at making us laugh to put us off.

[/quote]

TASTY!

[/quote]

cool!

I like your red cabs too, what are they?

MRTCAT: Was it the singer and bass players night off, or do the drummer and guitarist usually go out with backing tracks and a singer, no bassist?
Sounds good though - I used to do something similar - a duo with me on guitar and vox, backing tracks for bass keys etc and my drummer on electric kit.
He was great - no click track and we nailed it all the time. Sadly I dont even have audio of it, let alone video.

Cheers guys!

Funkshui the original idea was to post it on instagram and they have a 1min limit :D. But i thought i'd upload it to post here too.
I ran my bass through my PJB double4 into my audio interface, touch of eq, compression and reverb in logic. First time i've recorded a playalong. Will probs give some other FULL songs a bash haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1479591217' post='3177774']
Is this whole thread not just a "Look at me, i'm better than you" fest. We play, or I do, music cos we love it, who cares what we look like doing it, especially our peers.
[/quote]

No,it's not a look at me thread. It's fun and an education to see what other bands are doing.

Blue

Is this whole thread not just a "Look at me, i'm better than you" fest. We play, or I do, music cos we love it, who cares what we look like doing it, especially our peers.
[/quote]

The 'unsubscribe' button is at the top right-hand side.

[/quote]

:blink: what?

who is passing any judgements here? I have not seen anything but friendly compliments and no sense of competition at all. I don't know where you got that from :huh: