Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

[quote name='AntLockyer' timestamp='1501685814' post='3346570']
Played at an Oyster festival the other weekend. This was the only video the Guitarist put up so I'm assuming he sounded the best on it :)

https://youtu.be/ZrcR_ug_YW0
[/quote]

When the trio thing works it's great.

Very nice job!

Blue

[quote name='AntLockyer' timestamp='1501685814' post='3346570']
Played at an Oyster festival the other weekend. This was the only video the Guitarist put up so I'm assuming he sounded the best on it :)

https://youtu.be/ZrcR_ug_YW0
[/quote]

When the trio thing works it's great.

Very nice job!

Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here’s me playing a bass arrangement of “Midnight” by Joe Satriani. I’ve started working on this again after many, many years:I’m using it as a study piece on SBL. A couple of mistakes, but the fluency is returning to it. MUST GET TEMPO STRAIGHT!

https://youtu.be/71IbE0hNxPQ

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Bilbo said:

A trio I perform with...

An exercise in restraint, eh..? Well done for succeeding, along with a tasteful drummer. Playing to/for the room. Personally, I'd say it's a case of 'casting your pearls before swine', what with the background chatter, but all credit to you all for giving them the opportunity of listening to some quality playing. Stunning bass and drums solos; there was even an applaw..!. Good Stuff, old chum; congratulations to all involved, and thanks for sharing. It's brightened up my afternoon quite nicely. B|

Edited by Dad3353

Thanks, Pops. I do try to 'play the music' despite the reputation that Jazz has for random noodling. It is a nice trio with no egos on show. Michael composes all of the tunes and Tom and I agreed that we should maintain the integrity of the ensemble by remaining focussed on those tunes with none of ours (Tom is a pianist and arranger for big bands as well as a drummer) and no standards/covers.  A lot of the playing is understated and there is a LOT of space in the performances with no-one inclined to fill it unnecessarily. My favourite gig at the moment.

Edited by Bilbo
  • Like 1

I found this recently, I didn't know the guy was filming it. His name was Pier Corona, a well known face on the Oxford music scene, who sadly passed away a couple of months ago at too young an age.

This is a performance of one of our older songs (it's about the poll tax riots ffs!), and features guest flautist Phil Freizinger.

It's quite long and a bit of a workout for me, and incorporates a bit of the Freedom Chant, by Ritchie Havens.

So, here is Freedom and Justice:

• Like 1

On 20/05/2017 at 13:44, Kevin Glasgow said:

Hi folks, here's a bass solo from a gig in Japan with my band Preston Glasgow Lowe. Hope you enjoy it! :)

[media]http://youtu.be/8OX_FrN52ho[/media]

Cheers, Kev

This is sick. Amazing ideas & facility!

As its Christmas (and I spent two snow days working the goshdarn bass part out...) I thought I'd pop this here. It's not 100% and there are notes where they shouldn't be and vice versa, but it was a lot of fun to play. Kudos to Tracy Wormworth for the original, epic bass line.

• Like 6

• 11 months later...

The last post is exactly one year old. Time for some new stuff... I got a ton of playalong videos on my YouTube Channel. Let's start with the one I like most. Last summer I was invited to play on stage with The Lillingtons, a punk rock band from Wyoming.

Edited by Jay2U