Why become a member? ×

Show us your playing videos!

budget bassist

'I Believe It' from Saturday night at The Golden Age Festival in Liege. For once, a sound engineer who doesn't pull all the top out and swamp the sound with deep bass. This is the Sire V9 I recently withdrew from sale on here - glad I did!

• Like 6

I find that posting on youtube is a good incentive to play and learn when not otherwise playing with others - even if nobody watches, there's a purpose to the practice. Anyway, here's a hidden gem of a Funkadelic track, totally eclipsed by Not Just Knee Deep on the same album. Just a solid jam.

• Like 4

On 04/09/2022 at 11:36, EBS_freak said:

I don’t think that I ever posted this. Quite a rare vid of me playing my RBX - and with a plectrum no less! And a laugh of a time signature too!

Quite a cool line up on this one - Gaz especially… monster vocalist.

Dammit  freak,  that was friggin awesome.  9/8 is not easy to play but you guys nailed that 100%.  My fave LZ track too.  Nice work out for any drummer and vocalist.

Is that band still going ?  It should be  if it isn't  :)

I've played that bassline too, and love it  above anything else i've done

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Dammit  freak,  that was friggin awesome.  9/8 is not easy to play but you guys nailed that 100%.  My fave LZ track too.  Nice work out for any drummer and vocalist.

Is that band still going ?  It should be  if it isn't  :)

I've played that bassline too, and love it  above anything else i've done

Thanks very much!

It was a bit of a lockdown get together. None of us are around enough to be a band! - I know at least two of this line up are out the country at the moment!

Was a bit different to my normal playing though I guess - I had to order a plectrum off Amazon and crack out the RBX and raise the action (didn't want to mess with the action on my main basses - especially as they are fag paper low) as I don't normally do anything with a pick! Did put me into Bobby Vega mode for a while though! :P

On 04/09/2022 at 11:36, EBS_freak said:

I don’t think that I ever posted this. Quite a rare vid of me playing my RBX - and with a plectrum no less! And a laugh of a time signature too!

Nice one Russ. I have no idea what the original sounds like but i enjoyed . Very tight playing all round 👍

• Like 1

On 04/09/2022 at 20:36, EBS_freak said:

Smashed it!!

• Thanks 1

On 04/09/2022 at 06:36, EBS_freak said:

Where do you get left-handed keyboards? 

That was really good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bit of Locked out of heaven from the Jubilee weekend. I’m glad it caught a bit of cheeky interplay with the drummer at the start of the second verse and my synth sound in the chorus, but Whoever recorded it seems to have been at subwoofer height so it’s a bit ‘wuffly’ 😆

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 2