Why become a member? ×

Whitney Houston's New Bass Player is...........

Doddy

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='604397' date='Sep 21 2009, 12:08 PM']Of course, this could meant that Ms. Houston is going in a new direction and going all 'fusion' on us rather than Garrison going for a commercial gig.[/quote]

My fingers are crossed so hard that i might never play again! hehehee...

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='604397' date='Sep 21 2009, 12:08 PM']Of course, this could meant that Ms. Houston is going in a new direction and going all 'fusion' on us rather than Garrison going for a commercial gig.[/quote]

'I want to Vibe with Somebody'

Yep that could work.

Garry

[quote name='witterth' post='604288' date='Sep 21 2009, 10:12 AM']sorry.....
who's Matt Garrison?
I take it hes good then[/quote]
[url="http://www.garrisonjazz.com/"]This chap??[/url] Quite a CV. Has Whitney cleaned up enough to make more music? :)

Edited by TPJ

He'll regret taking that gig when he finds that she's sold all his Foderas to buy crack.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='604386' date='Sep 21 2009, 11:55 AM']You mean to say you've not heard of Matt Garrison? No, me neither! :)[/quote]
Of course you've heard of him - he used to be the teacher on "Southpark"

Edited by RhysP

[quote name='witterth' post='604288' date='Sep 21 2009, 11:12 AM']sorry.....
who [snip] ?[/quote]

My question exactly. I did a little digging, and it seems that Whitney Houston is a singer. She was quite big a while back, but really hit the big time when she appeared in a predictable and atrocious film called "The Bodyguard" with an unknown actor called Kenneth Kostsmore. The film is famous for her butchering a Dolly Parton song, which went to number one in every country in the universe and stayed there for seemingly years, with radio play on all stations twice an hour. Somehow, someone thought her warbling was musical and decided every girl who wanted to sing had to copy it.

She used to look like this:

And, sadly, this:

Now she probably looks like an airbrushed Photoshop picture of a mixture of the above two photos.

On a more serious note, I very nearly lost my job when I declared that I did not rate Houston as an artist. Unbeknownst to me, my boss was a platinum member of the Whitney Houston fan club. So was most of her family. I had to endure 15 minutes of her brother (whom I had never met, of course), on speakerphone, telling me what a tool I was. Ah, happy days.