Why become a member? ×

ACG Harlot Fretless 4: FINISHED :: "Looks like a Mediterranean ocean under an indigo sky"

Sugden

• 4 weeks later...

Well hardware colour couldn't be anything but black so it all ties together well but here she is im totaly stunned I rather pleased to say the least :)

O had to update the title of the thread and quoted paul, hope you dont mind. But I think it covered it better than a purple world as its more trans blue. Alan said its blue straight on and then from certain angles a purple. So the best of both worlds.

Edited by Sugden

Ner just each of your basses have too many strings mate. 4 is the magic number :) (ok ok i know 3 is the magic number that just wouldn't work as well)

It is indeed the filtered pre. I dont really have the facility to record at home when Im at uni I shall so in awhile I will at least have a track recorded by it. I will be bringing this little number and my recurve to bassday UK though.

There's only one thing in my bass life that's better than having a bass made by Alan and seeing photos of it, and that's actually having your mitts on it.

As of 11 am today I did just that.

The real thing is even better than I anticipated (and that's really something). The quality is peerless and the pre-amp is intuitive although I've only just started my sonic exploration.

Alan's neck shaping is amazing as the neck is shallow and assymetric, it's a real piece of art, that works. Upper fret access to the 24th is brilliant and the bass makes me want to learn to play it to a level that suits its quality and ability.

Its all down to alan really can't thank him enough really nice guy and puts out great basses to boot.

Thanks for the comments guys. But think Id rather loose the bass than my hands I'll just have to get alan to make me another and this time run faster :huh: otherwise id have no way to play the basses he builds me, which would be a great dis-service :)

Nothing like getting hold of the bass is there Peter I had some major work to do last year but when it turned up at my door couldnt put it down for hours and thats not including the time you spend looking at it. Take a trip up or get it sent down if so bet its nice at alans atm with all these great basses around. Im going up on the 8th simply can't wait.

You spoil my bass rotten, I'll never leave it in a room with you or I'll come back and it will prefer you to me.

I dunno I think your bass will give it a run for its money I have to say I love all of the basses alan has finished to date which is abit weird for me as Im normaly quite pickey but I maybe bias. But I think yours does push the custom built envelope the top just yells top quality custom it looks like a bass worth easily twice as much.

Edited by Sugden

[quote name='Sugden' post='52553' date='Aug 29 2007, 10:57 PM'][/quote]

I still can't get over how gorgeous this bass is!
You're one lucky guy Sugs, if only my Guinness related expenses wheren't so high, I'd be well on the way to getting a bass off Alan.

Can't wait to hear your impressions once you get your hands on it.

Cheers,
Eude